1964 Civil Rights bill?

Valin

son-of-mn-attorney-general-keith-ellison-declares-his-support-for-antifa

Jeremiah Ellison, son of Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison and a member of the Minneapolis City Council, tweeted his full support for Antifa and that he believes white supremacist terrorists are actually the ones to blame for engaging in the rioting, arson and other looting activities.

John Lucke

June 3, 2020

Jeremiah Ellison, son of Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison and a member of the Minneapolis City Council, tweeted his full support for Antifa and that he believes white supremacist terrorists are actually the ones to blame for engaging in the rioting, arson and other looting activities.  In the wake of George Floyd’s death and subsequent protests against racial inequality and police brutality, Jeremiah said, “I hereby declare, officially, my support for Antifa.”

I hereby declare, officially, my support for ANTIFA

Unless someone can prove to me ANTIFA is behind the burning of black and immigrant owned businesses in my ward, I’ll keep focusing on stopping the white power terrorist THE ARE ACTUALLY ATTACKING US! https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1267129644228247552 

(Snip)

____________________________________________________________________________________

Well this is a real surprise. I wasn't aware stupidity was an inherited trait. I wonder, is it a dominate or a recessive gene?  :unsure:

• Like 1

Oh But Wait...there's More!

Minneapolis City Council Members Want To Abolish The Police

"Several of us on the council are working on finding out, what it would take to disband the MPD," says Minneapolis City Councilmember Fletcher.

Kyle Hooten

June 3, 2020

Several members of the Minneapolis City Council want to disband their city’s police force and are investigating how this goal might be realized.

“Several of us on the council are working on finding out, what it would take to disband the MPD,” says Steve Fletcher, a member of the 13-person assembly that serves as the legislative branch of Minneapolis government. The decision to abolish the police force comes after George Floyd died at the hands of a Minneapolis police officer, May 26. Floyd’s death triggered a wave of destructive riots throughout the city.

IYF8HJ2H_normal.jpg

It became clear by day two that people were marching for much more than that – the response to George Floyd’s death needed to be much more than any prosecution could offer. What people in the streets have won is a permanent, generational change to the mainstream view of policing.

I don’t know yet, though several of us on the council are working on finding out, what it would take to disband the MPD and start fresh with a community-oriented, non-violent public safety and outreach capacity.

(Snip)

Fletcher suggests that if the Council is successful in abolishing the police, a new unarmed “public safety” group will take its place. He says the council wants to “totally reimagine what public safety means… “We can invest in cultural competency and mental health training,” he adds.

(Snip)

The Council is generally understood to have a strong leftward bent. Two of its members, Phillipe Cunningham and Andrea Jenkins are transgender.

wcmsp-208266.jpg

Cunningham sits on on the bottom right corner, Jenkins sits in the bottom row, third from the right.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

So you think your city is crazy/ Hold My Beer

How Crazy Are the Democrats? This Crazy

John Hinderaker

June 3, 2020

There is a movement going on now, believe it or not, to abolish the police. That phrase is ubiquitous in social media and is being taken seriously by many Democratic politicians. What would the world look like without law enforcement? I suppose the Wild West before sheriffs got hired, only way more crowded, with vastly more criminals and a more depraved culture. And of course the same people who want to abolish the local police department don’t want you to be able to defend yourself, either.

As an example of how far gone many Democratic politicians are, check out this screed by Aisha Gomez, a member–believe it or not–of the Minnesota legislature. It is titled “Police Abolition.”

(Snip)

So we see no criticism of any of the public officials who are responsible for the Minneapolis Police Department, nor do we see any acknowledgement of the fact that changing the department’s culture would require taking on a public sector union, the sanctity of which is a pillar of left-wing ideology. Instead, Gomez tries to take DFL politicians off the hook by proclaiming that improvement is impossible due to Minnesota’s history as–I take it–a slave state.

Even in the corrupt world of politics, we don’t often see dishonesty of this breathtaking magnitude.