Texas Supreme Court: Lack of immunity to coronavirus alone isn’t enough for mail-in ballot

Geee

texas-vote-by-mail-coronavirus

Although the court sided with state Attorney General Ken Paxton's interpretation of what constitutes a disability, it indicated that it is up to voters to assess their health and determine if they meet the state's definition, which could allow them to vote by mail.

The Texas Supreme Court ruled Wednesday that a lack of immunity to the new coronavirus does not qualify a voter to apply for a mail-in ballot.

In the latest twist in the legal fight over voting by mail during the coronavirus pandemic, the court agreed with Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton that the risk of contracting the virus alone does not meet the state’s qualifications for voting by mail.

“We agree with the State that a voter’s lack of immunity to COVID-19, without more, is not a ‘disability’ as defined by the Election Code,” the court wrote.:snip:

For some decades now I have held that in order too votes people should

1. Show up on Election DAY. (note I said Day not week/month/year DAY)

2. Bring some form of Photo Identification.(its not that I think you're lying....but people DO lie)