Senior Trump advisor: Red State economies opening much faster than Blue States after coronavirus

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
senior-trump-advisor-red-state-economies-opening-much-faster-blue

Red State economies are opening much faster than Blue States in the wake of economic devastation due to coronavirus, a trend that could have large future impacts, a senior economic advisor to President Trump told Just the News. 

"You're seeing very large variation across Blue and Red states right now, and the extent to which economies are turning back on, and I think that that's probably the story of the data that's probably most under-told right now," said Kevin Hassett, senior White House economist.

Hassett, a former chairman of Trump's Council of Economic Advisors, said the impact of these faster re-opening trends in conservative-leaning states could have an important impact on the future. 

"I think the variation is striking, that you're looking at, you know, much, much higher share of businesses open and so on in Red States," Hassett said. "And so, I think it's noteworthy and something to think about, what the impact of it will be going forward."

Hassett said he was uncertain what was driving the re-opening differentials among the various states.

"I really don't know, that's something that's the subject of, you know, will be the subject of a lot of study," Hassett said. "But it's definitely the case that the economies are picking up quicker right now, in places that are opening up. And you know, our hope is that every state opens up and gets back to normal as quickly as possible and as safely as possible."

________

Red states reopen while blue states have the blues.