Appeals Court Order In Michael Flynn Case Bodes Well For Him, Poorly For Judge Sullivan

Draggingtree

Draggingtree
appeals-court-order-in-michael-flynn-case-bodes-well-for-him-poorly-for-judge-sullivan

Appeals Court Order In Michael Flynn Case Bodes Well For Him, Poorly For Judge Sullivan

The Department of Justice should weigh in and soon because this case is no longer just about Flynn. It is about separation of powers, the executive branch — and now, unfortunately, about Judge Sullivan.

By Margot Cleveland

MAY 22, 2020

Retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn and his legal team, led by attorney Sidney Powell, received promising news Thursday from the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals. In a rare move, a three-judge panel ordered Judge Emmet Sullivan, the presiding judge in the long-running criminal case against Flynn, to respond to Powell’s petition for a writ of mandamus. In that petition, Powell asked the appellate court to order Sullivan to grant the government’s motion to dismiss the criminal charge against Flynn. While Thursday’s order does not guarantee Flynn a win, the signs are hopeful.

To understand why requires some lawsplaining, so let’s start with the background and then move to the procedural niceties in play.   :snip: 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

June 22 2020

This is the latest in the Michael Flynn judicial saga. It has been a tremendous learning experience for me. I hope I have made sense of it for others.