Elon Musk says he plans to move Tesla out of California and sue county after coronavirus restrictions

Valin

elon-musk-says-he-plans-to-move-tesla-out-of-california-and-sue-county-after-coronavirus-restrictions

Zachary Halaschak

May 09, 2020

Tesla CEO Elon Musk said he was “immediately” filing a lawsuit against a California county that is not allowing his company’s headquarters to reopen because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Making the comments Saturday on Twitter, Musk tore into Alameda County’s interim public health officer, Dr. Erica Pan, and also said Tesla will move its operations in California to another state, calling the county’s coronavirus restrictions the “final straw.”

“Tesla is filing a lawsuit against Alameda County immediately. The unelected & ignorant ‘Interim Health Officer’ of Alameda is acting contrary to the Governor, the President, our Constitutional freedoms & just plain common sense!” Musk said.

“Frankly, this is the final straw. Tesla will now move its HQ and future programs to Texas/Nevada immediately. If we even retain Fremont manufacturing activity at all, it will be dependen on how Tesla is treated in the future. Tesla is the last carmaker left in CA,” the SpaceX founder added.

(Snip)

Elon Musk Cheered For Threatening To Move California Locations, But Tesla’s Real Expansion Is In China

Billionaire Elon Musk made headlines across the media and earned praise from many conservatives this weekend after he threatened to move his California Tesla locations over lockdown orders.

But some might be missing the real story of Tesla’s recent investments, namely, China.:snip:

:snip:But while some may welcome a Tesla plant in their backyard, Musk has already made a big bet on manufacturing and selling cars in China. Tesla began production at “Gigafactory Shanghai” in 2019.:snip:

24 minutes ago, Geee said:

Elon Musk Cheered For Threatening To Move California Locations, But Tesla’s Real Expansion Is In China

Billionaire Elon Musk made headlines across the media and earned praise from many conservatives this weekend after he threatened to move his California Tesla locations over lockdown orders.

But some might be missing the real story of Tesla’s recent investments, namely, China.:snip:

:snip:But while some may welcome a Tesla plant in their backyard, Musk has already made a big bet on manufacturing and selling cars in China. Tesla began production at “Gigafactory Shanghai” in 2019.:snip:

May 10 2020

Elon Musk reopens Tesla factory closed by coronavirus: 'If anyone is arrested, I ask that it only be me'

Louis Casiano

May 11 2020

Tesla CEO Elon Musk confirmed Monday he's flouting county rules by reopening a Northern California plant amid concerns over safety during the coronavirus crisis, tweeting: "I will be on the line with everyone else. If anyone is arrested, I ask that it only be me."

The parking lot of the Fremont, Calif., facility was full, Fox 2 reported, even as Musk and Almeda County officials continue to spar over shelter-in-place rules that have prevented the electric-vehicle giant from reopening since March 23.

Musk tweeted, "Tesla is restarting production today against Alameda County rules. I will be on the line with everyone else. If anyone is arrested, I ask that it only be me." He also wrote: "California approved, but an unelected county official illegally overrode. Also, all other auto companies in US are approved to resume. Only Tesla has been singled out. This is super messed up!"

(Snip)