Barr speaks

Valin

barr-speaks-2.php

Scott Johnson

May 8 2020

Attorney General Barr sat down with Catherine Herridge for an interview yesterday following the filing of the government’s motion to dismiss the Flynn case. CBS News has chopped the interview into bite-size bits, but it has published the transcript here. Highly recommended.

At the time of the FBI interview of Flynn on January 24, 2017, the FBI had no bona fide counterintelligence investigation of Flynn open. Barr explains:

(Snip)

What about the Russian disinformation peddled to the FBI by the Clinton campaign in the Steele dossier? Barr criticizes the sainted Robert Mueller, whose office nailed Flynn’s hide to the wall. Mueller’s charter included “the potential of Russian influence [on the election]. But I think it was ignored and there was mounting indications that this could very well have been happening and no one really stopped to look at it.”

There is more to come. “[W]e’re in the middle of looking at all of this. John Durham’s investigation, and U.S. Attorney Jensen, I’m gonna ask him to do some more work on different items as well. And I’m gonna wait till all the evidence is, and I get their recommendations as to what they found and how serious it is.”

(Snip)