With virus crisis raging, Pelosi and Schiff ramp up new Trump investigations

Valin

with-virus-crisis-raging-pelosi-schiff-ramp-up-new-trump-investigations

Byron York

April 02, 2020

The team is back in action. On Thursday, Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced the creation of the House Select Committee on the Coronavirus Crisis. The new panel will have the authority to investigate any aspect of the virus emergency and the Trump administration's handling of it.

Pelosi's announcement came a day after House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff called for a 9/11-style independent commission to investigate "mistakes" in the virus response. Shortly after that, Schiff told the Washington Post that in Congress, House Democrats must investigate the Trump administration's handling of virus testing and the government's distribution of personal protective equipment for healthcare workers.

"We need to make sure there's no favoritism in terms of political allies, no discrimination against states or governors based on lack of presidential flattery," Schiff said, indicating the probe would be aimed squarely at President Trump.

Less than three months after sending to the Senate impeachment articles to remove the president from office and less than two months after the Senate trial ended in Trump's acquittal, the Pelosi-Schiff team is up and running again.

(Snip)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

please-shift-gears-youre-stuck-on-stupid

Letter from President Donald J. Trump to Senator Charles E. Schumer

April 2 2020

Senator Charles E. Schumer
United States Senator
Washington, D.C.  20515

Dear Senator Schumer:

Thank you for your Democrat public relations letter and incorrect sound bites, which are wrong in every way.

(Snip)

I’ve known you for many years, but I never knew how bad a Senator you are for the state of New York, until I became President.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call.  Or, in the alternative, call Rear Admiral Polowczyk.

Sincerely yours,

Donald J. Trump

Schiff won't stop weaponizing intelligence absent DOJ indictments: Plot Against the President author

Daniel Chaitin

April 05, 2020

Leaks from the intelligence community, disseminated to the media by members of House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff's staff, have turned spy agencies into a "political weapon" against President Trump, according to a conservative investigative journalist.

The only way to stop this cycle, which stretches back to the Russia collusion controversy, is for there to be indictments, said Lee Smith, the author of The Plot Against the President: The True Story of How Congressman Devin Nunes Uncovered the Biggest Political Scandal in U.S. History.

He expressed confidence in Attorney General William Barr and U.S. Attorney John Durham, who is conducting a review of the Russia investigation, but told radio host Larry O'Connor last week the reality is Schiff and the gang are always "two steps ahead" of the rest.

"It's going to keep happening. It's going to keep going on," Smith said on the Examining Politics podcast on Thursday. "That's what I said about impeachment. I very much respect the attorney general. I respect the man who's supposed to be investigating — this John Durham. But the reality is is that they're two steps ahead. While there are no indictments, while there are no arrests, they're going to continue doing this."

(Snip)