St. Paul to celebrate ‘Abortion Providers Appreciation Day’

Valin

st-paul-to-celebrate-abortion-providers-appreciation-day.html

Anugrah Kumar

Mar. 9 2020

The St. Paul City Council’s unanimous approval of a resolution to recognize March 10 as “Abortion Providers Appreciation Day” in the city has been described as “indicative of the moral decline occurring in Minnesota and across our country.”

After the City Council approved the resolution on a 7-0 vote, Sen. Mark Johnson, from R-East Grand Forks, said he was “saddened.”

“Movements like this are indicative of the moral decline occurring in Minnesota and across our country,” Johnson said, according to The Minnesota Sun. “As a father of three, I understand the sanctity of life and the joy that children bring to this world.” 

(Snip)

Abortion Providers Appreciation Day seeks to recognize abortion provider Dr. David Gunn, who was shot and killed on March 10, 1993, according to the resolution, which states, “To honor his memory, March 10 has since been established as a day to show appreciation for the high-quality care that abortion providers and clinic staff provide, and to celebrate their courage, compassion, and dedication to their work.”

(Snip)

Woe to those who call evil good and good evil,
who put darkness for light and light for darkness,
who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.

Isaiah 5:20

I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever.

Thomas Jefferson

Archbishop Condemns Twin Cities Leaders for Celebrating Abortion Providers: ‘Abortion Kills Children’

Archbishop Bernard Hebda said he was “profoundly saddened” after learning that elected officials in both St. Paul and Minneapolis declared Tuesday “abortion provider appreciation day” in their cities.

Anthony Gockowski

March 13, 2020

Archbishop Bernard Hebda said he was “profoundly saddened” after learning that elected officials in both St. Paul and Minneapolis declared Tuesday “abortion provider appreciation day” in their cities.

“As our nation is rightly concerned about preventing the spread of the COVID-19/coronavirus and caring for human life, I cannot help but be profoundly saddened and confounded that elected officials in both St. Paul and Minneapolis declared today ‘Abortion Provider Appreciation Day,’” Hebda said in a statement released Tuesday.

“Given that each human life is created in the image and likeness of God and has value, to honor those who purposefully end such life is an affront not only to our Creator but to the foundational values of civil society. There is no way around it – abortion kills children,” he added.

Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey said that he is “proud” to celebrate local abortion providers, calling them “an essential part of our community.”

(Snip)