Federal judge orders Hillary Clinton deposition to address private emails: 'Still more to learn'

Geee

federal-judge-orders-hillary-clinton-deposition-to-address-private-emails-there-is-still-more-to-learn

A federal judge Monday granted a request from conservative watchdog group Judicial Watch to have former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton sit for a sworn deposition to answer questions about her use of a private email server to conduct government business.

Clinton has argued that she has already answered questions about this and should not have to do so again, but D.C. District Court Judge Royce C. Lamberth said in his ruling that her past responses left much to be desired.

"As extensive as the existing record is, it does not sufficiently explain Secretary Clinton’s state of mind when she decided it would be an acceptable practice to set up and use a private server to conduct State Department business," Lamberth said.

The judge went on to recognize that while Clinton responded to written questions in a separate case, "those responses were either incomplete, unhelpful, or cursory at best. Simply put her responses left many more questions than answers.” Lamberth said that using written questions this time “will only muddle any understanding of Secretary Clinton’s state of mind and fail to capture the full picture, this delaying the final disposition of this case even further.”

:snip:

Hillary’s Reckoning Isn’t Over

The increasingly desperate Democratic Party and its allies in the media weep tears of joy at the thought of Hillary Clinton riding in to save the party, perhaps after a deadlocked Democratic National Convention. No such luck. After a judge’s decision Monday, Clinton would be wise to lay presidential dreams aside and lawyer up.

It’s been a long time since Clinton’s unquestionably illegal private email and homebrew server have even been mentioned in the media. But legal activist group Judicial Watch didn’t forget.

It was Judicial Watch’s request five years ago about the Sept. 11, 2012, Benghazi terrorist attack that led to the uncovering of Clinton’s private email network.

On Monday, acting on a request from Judicial Watch, U.S. District Court Judge Royce C. Lamberth said he would allow Judicial Watch to depose the one-time secretary of state, her former Chief of Staff Cheryl Mills, and two other State Department officials.

Not only will this bring back questions about Hillary’s actions before and after the Benghazi terrorist attack, in which four Americans were murdered, but it will at minimum serve as a reminder of the failure of her tenure as the nation’s top diplomat.

In making his judgment, Lamberth made clear he doesn’t believe the government has been forthcoming in its responses thus far.:snip:

NOT SORRY: Hillary Retracts Apology For Hiding Secret Email Server

Joseph Curl

Mar. 8 2020

When former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was found to have a secret email server in her house, she apologized.

“As I look back at it now, even though it was allowed, I shouldn’t have used two accounts. That was a mistake. I’m sorry about that. I take responsibility,” she told ABC News in September 2015.

But now she wants everyone to know that she’s not sorry anymore.

In the new Hulu documentary titled “Hillary,” released on Friday, Clinton said she regrets offering the apology, saying campaign advisers told her to issue the statement.

“We’ll just say what you did was a mistake. It was dumb. It’s over. And that will end it. I wasn’t convinced of that. But I understood the frustration of my campaign,” Clinton said. “So against my better judgment, I said, ‘OK, fine.'”

(Snip)

• 2 weeks later...

Fitton: New Clinton Emails Include Benghazi and Classified Information

Tom Fitton

Mar. 224 2020

The FBI found more Hillary Clinton emails. This is, of course, after the State Department assured us long ago it had produced all releasable Clinton emails, including emails recovered by the FBI that Clinton tried to destroy or withhold.

We released 80 pages of emails that further document how former Secretary of State Clinton used her unsecure, non-government email system to transmit classified and other sensitive government information.

There are 11 new Clinton emails. The emails include one sent by Clinton a month after the Benghazi terrorist attack referencing a “Benghazi security” issue. The emails also include talking points, which are redacted, for a meeting with President Obama.

This is the second release from the batch of Clinton emails the FBI inexplicably found late last year

(Snip)

About That Anthony Weiner Laptop…

Will we ever know what was on Anthony Weiner’s laptop? Apparently not, if we are to rely on the FBI to provide us the whole truth. I mean, who among us can believe ANYTHING coming from the FBI these days – even in the Age of Trump? Director Christopher Wray appears to be more concerned about protecting the outward appearance of his agency than disclosing any Obama-era criminal conduct. And we know there is plenty of that just from the public record!

1 hour ago, Geee said:

About That Anthony Weiner Laptop…

Will we ever know what was on Anthony Weiner’s laptop? Apparently not, if we are to rely on the FBI to provide us the whole truth. I mean, who among us can believe ANYTHING coming from the FBI these days – even in the Age of Trump? Director Christopher Wray appears to be more concerned about protecting the outward appearance of his agency than disclosing any Obama-era criminal conduct. And we know there is plenty of that just from the public record!

Director Christopher Wray appears to be more concerned about protecting the outward appearance of his agency than disclosing any Obama-era criminal conduct. And we know there is plenty of that just from the public record!

Thing is, if this is what he really wants the 1st thing is 1. Admit there's a problem, 2. Get All the dirt out in public, let the chips fall where they may. 3. Then the rebuilding can start.

• 2 weeks later...

Apr. 6 2020

Judicial Watch announced recently it received 180 pages of records of communications between former FBI official Peter Strzok and former FBI attorney Lisa Page that include Strzok’s “weiner timeline,” which shows a time gap of almost a month between the discovery of former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s emails on the laptop of disgraced former Congressman Anthony Weiner and the obtaining of a search warrant.

On November 3, 2016, Strzok sends an email to Page with a “weiner timeline.” The document shows that on September 28, 2016, the Assistant Director in Charge (ADIC) of the New York Office of the FBI reported “potential MYE-related material,” referring to Midyear Exam, which was the code name of the FBI’s Clinton email investigation.