68K5OvR.jpg

272215_image.jpg

pmuzzNw.png

uI2IKnu.gif

This Thread Brought To You By The Letter T:
Z3pio9k.jpg
(Thank you, cartoonist Rex May)

In Case You Missed It Dept.:

Chief Justice John Roberts oversaw the Senate impeachment trial whose conclusion could lead to healing. Hopefully, the House Democrats are completing the five stages of grief. They are grief, anger, denial, impeachment, and finally acceptance of the results of the 2016 election.

CNN legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin pointed out to CNN viewers that all the members of the Trump impeachment legal defense team were white people. It's an alarm that needed sounding. Looking at them, you realized that any moment a Democratic presidential debate could've broken out.

Hunter Biden agreed to obey a court order and pay child support to a former Washington D.C. stripper he impregnated. The kid's a real chip off the old block. The baby boy is only a year and a half old, he's sitting on the board of Gerber's and already more of an expert on gas than his father.

Hillary Clinton attended the Sundance Film Festival and personally supervised the screening of her documentary Hillary. Her onstage introduction of the movie was a little chilly. Hillary can't order a projectionist to kill the lights without you wondering how much dirt the lights had on Hillary.

The New York Times released its Democratic presidential candidate endorsement on the week before the Iowa caucuses. It was a foregone conclusion. The Times had no choice but to endorse Amy Klobuchar and Liz Warren after McGovern and Mondale missed the filing deadline.

Graceland's website posted Elvis's family tree showing great-great-great grandmother Nancy Burdine was Jewish, and descending from her unbroken matrilineal line made him Jewish. Last week, there finally appeared solid evidence Elvis is indeed dead. He was registered to vote in Chicago.

House Democrats charged into the Senate to try to convict Trump and then Trump's lawyers arrived like the cavalry with the fate of the nation on the line. Everyone played their part to the hilt. My generation was raised watching Civil War movies, I never thought we'd get to live in one.

President Trump delivers his State of the Union to Congress in the Capitol tonight. Nerves are still raw from the 51-49 Senate vote to wrap up the impeachment trial Friday. We approached Super Bowl weekend with half of the country rooting for the 49ers and the other half cheering for the 51ers.

Elizabeth Warren posted a plan holding social media companies criminally responsible for the spreading of disinformation about presidential candidates. Is she turning herself in? I guess under Liz's plan, anybody claiming to be Cherokee but isn't Cherokee could get thirty days in Facebook Jail.

President Trump was interviewed by Sean Hannity before the Super Bowl Sunday and said he really enjoyed playing golf at Mar-a-Lago after Friday's victory in the Senate. Actually Trump is a pretty good golfer, his handicap is Congress. I wonder how many strokes he gave them on Friday.

Hillary Clinton was reported signaling her interest in being named vice president on the Democratic ticket. It'd keep the comedy going. Just on the rumor that Joe Biden would select Hillary to be his vice president, already the coroner is getting a head start on the paperwork.

President Trump took a victory lap at the National Prayer Breakfast and a White House gathering of Republican lawmakers that stood by him during impeachment. The Democrats have now moved on to the next question. Was Nancy Pelosi anywhere near the paper ballots in Iowa?

-- Argus Hamilton

roxYvJF.jpg

• Like 2

Ambassador Romney and McCain's Ghost... Not to mention Mitt in White, or exiled to a desert island! Do I sense a theme here?

Cheers for it!

4 hours ago, DrPatReads said:

Ambassador Romney and McCain's Ghost... Not to mention Mitt in White, or exiled to a desert island! Do I sense a theme here?

Cheers for it!

Nah, he'll still be on Bloomberg's veep short list...

• Like 1