Second impeachment witness sacked: Trump recalls Ambassador Gordon Sondland

Geee

another-impeachment-witness-goes-trump-recalls-ambassador-gordon-sondland

President Trump recalled U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland, who was an impeachment witness, on Friday evening.

Sondland, a Trump donor who became a top envoy, made the announcement that he has been recalled "effective immediately."

“I am grateful to President Trump for having given me the opportunity to serve, to Secretary Pompeo for his consistent support, and to the exceptional and dedicated professionals at the U.S. Mission to the European Union,” Sondland said in a statement, according to ABC News. “I am proud of our accomplishments. Our work here has been the highlight of my career.”

During his testimony, Sondland initially said there was no quid pro quo agreement between Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky about allowing preapproved aid to transfer to Ukraine in exchange for an investigation into former Vice President Joe Biden. However, he later clarified the record, saying he “presumed that the aid suspension had become linked to the proposed anti-corruption statement.”:snip: