Today's Toons Favorites Results

pookie18

After starting with >13,000 possibilities, the 12th annual Best Of Today's Toons is over & all the votes have been tallied. Neither hanging nor pregnant chads were encountered & Diebold equipment was not used. First, a few stats. 11 of the 40 finalists received 1st-place votes. There were 25 valid entries received & thanks to all of you who took the time to vote!! Wanted to publicly thank Chuck Aston for creating the virtual trophies (like THIS) which will be sent to the top 10 finishers.

Votes were cast, in order of preference, for between 1 & 10 of the finalists. Cartoonist Anthony Branco(2) had multiple items in the finals. The method of scoring was as follows: A 1st-place vote received 10 pts., a 2nd-place vote earned 9 pts., ..., down to a 10th-place vote which got 1 pt. And now, the results:

#40 (3 pts./0 1st-place votes):

ZrxIEeS.png

#T38 (4 pts./0 1st-place votes):

xfskkVo.jpg

#T38 (4 pts./0 1st-place votes):

18nikLN.jpg

#T36 (7 pts./0 1st-place votes):

QFfBzTP.png

#T36 (7 pts./0 1st-place votes):

MvJbjaV.jpg

#35 (10 pts./1 1st-place vote):

Vm1hE2t.jpg

#34 (14 pts./0 1st-place votes):

K89QJJq.jpg

#33 (15 pts./0 1st-place votes):

ZoUom8s.jpg

#32 (16 pts./0 1st-place votes):

Click below for related story:
UyccHK5.jpg

#31 (18 pts./0 1st-place votes):

utaSu25.png

#T29 (21 pts./1 1st-place vote):

aLITFqU.jpg

#T29 (21 pts./0 1st-place votes):

zww0nbckfp821.jpg

#28 (22 pts./0 1st-place votes):

246405_image.jpg

#T26 (24 pts./0 1st-place votes):

Jswiexb.jpg

#T26 (24 pts./0 1st-place votes):

ZvtqJaf.jpg

#25 (26 pts./0 1st-place votes):

GpCxEMv.jpg

#24 (28 pts./1 1st-place vote):

Click below for related story:
weSuKHG.png

#23 (30 pts./1 1st-place vote):

nfgtaIG.jpg

#22 (31 pts./0 1st-place votes):

aaertg-egert.png

#21 (32 pts./0 1st-place votes):

4At37xm.png

#T17 (33 pts./0 1st-place votes):

fVGA6bc.jpg

rOeR1ZJ.jpg

ejKC7nk.jpg

get.jpg

#T15 (36 pts./0 1st-place votes):

z3ybSrF.png

#T15 (36 pts./0 1st-place votes):

YrF8voM.jpg

#14 (37 pts./0 1st-place votes):

5HmDC8m.jpg

#13 (38 pts./1 1st-place vote):

aFkCaiP.png

#12 (42 pts./0 1st-place votes):

7theTtY.jpg

#T9 (44 pts./0 1st-place votes):

hagN3Oh.jpg

#T9 (44 pts./1 1st-place vote):

cOIdNDU.jpg

#T9 (44 pts./1 1st-place vote):

268828_image.jpg

#8 (45 pts./1 1st-place vote):

obama-corruption.png

#T6 (47 pts./0 1st-place votes):

zIxrHCv.jpg

#T6 (47 pts./1 1st-place vote):

249465_image.jpg

#5 (49 pts./0 1st-place votes):

s9xKPq8.jpg

#4 (51 pts./0 1st-place votes):

GijHxkG.jpg

#3 (52 pts./0 1st-place votes):

h1gJKYd.jpg

#T1 (123 pts./10 1st-place votes):

aGu7EIw.jpg

#T1 (94 pts./6 1st-place vote):

Z1FZ9Tm.gif

2018 winner:

CKmXGXZ.jpg

2017 winner:

RLUW5fm.jpg

2016 winner:

UmFNhio.jpg

2015 winner:

4TamYjq.png

2014 winner:

PkdoMdy.jpg

2013 winner:

FQDs7of.jpg

2012 winner:

mobn5tm.jpg

2011 winner:

ubwkMx6.jpg

2010 winner:

BqKl710.png

2009 co-winner:

ZMV5zsO.jpg

2009 co-winner:

H7kVpVt.jpg

2008 winner:

sgyY036.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mass55th said:

Thanks Pookie!! I've already seen several cartoons on here for 2020 that will probably be in the running next year. 

You're welcome, mass55th! I've seen a few this month that I've especially liked...we'll see what happens...

Just heard from 1st place co-winner Stilton Jarlsberg (who was a bit under the weather):

"Hey, this is great! Just the “get well” card I needed!

Best,

Stilt"

& also just heard from the other 1st place co-winner Evil Smiley from The People's Cube:

"LoL

Thanks!

My friends ask me how you monetize memes... I have no clue, if there were a way, I would be wealthy!

Thanks!"

Thanks for all the work your team did for top cartoons Pookie.
(Um, how is there a tie for first? One scored more points than the other. Just wondering)

9 hours ago, Reiuxcat said:

Thanks for all the work your team did for top cartoons Pookie.
(Um, how is there a tie for first? One scored more points than the other. Just wondering)

You're welcome, as always, @Reiuxcat!

(Was waiting for someone to ask. I guess one of the reasons you're asking is that you voted for that one as your top choice! ;-) Let me begin by saying that I also run the voting thread at another site & there this image rec'd a total of 13 pts. as opposed to 123 pts. here. Normally that would have nothing to do with anything. If you go back & look at the comments, you'll see that several people joined the site during the voting & most voted for the image that you did as their 1st choice. I went to the site from which I got that image & saw that a reader alerted others that there was a Best of 2019 voting thread here & that they should go here & vote for "their guy's" cartoon in order to win 1st place. If I were normally getting several dozens or hundreds of ballots here, that might not make a difference, but ~1/3 of all ballots rec'd makes a difference. So, in a "normal" year, the co-winner would've run away with 1st place. So, I decided to give them both first place since what those from the other site did is not really illegal. More questions? Just let me know).

• Like 1

23 hours ago, pookie18 said:

You're welcome, as always, @Reiuxcat!

(Was waiting for someone to ask. I guess one of the reasons you're asking is that you voted for that one as your top choice! ;-) Let me begin by saying that I also run the voting thread at another site & there this image rec'd a total of 13 pts. as opposed to 123 pts. here. Normally that would have nothing to do with anything. If you go back & look at the comments, you'll see that several people joined the site during the voting & most voted for the image that you did as their 1st choice. I went to the site from which I got that image & saw that a reader alerted others that there was a Best of 2019 voting thread here & that they should go here & vote for "their guy's" cartoon in order to win 1st place. If I were normally getting several dozens or hundreds of ballots here, that might not make a difference, but ~1/3 of all ballots rec'd makes a difference. So, in a "normal" year, the co-winner would've run away with 1st place. So, I decided to give them both first place since what those from the other site did is not really illegal. More questions? Just let me know).

Heh heh. Ironically, this is the first year I did not alert "The Friends of Stilton" or Stilton himself.

It's your Toons page and your contest. Well done my friend.

5 minutes ago, Reiuxcat said:

Heh heh. Ironically, this is the first year I did not alert "The Friends of Stilton" or Stilton himself.

It's your Toons page and your contest. Well done my friend.

Since nothing like this had ever happened before (going back to 2005 at Free Republic), the Today's Toons editor-in-chief had to come up with a ruling & I went along with it ;-)

• Like 1