How to Write 'Whitely'

Geee

how-to-write-whitely

Can you discern a writer's race by how they write? Perhaps by what they write, yes. But Michael Harriot, writing for the black news site, The Root, thinks he's got it all figured out.

On Thursday, the National Review’s Peter Kirsanow wrote an article entitled “History According to the 1619 Project,” suggesting that the celebrated New York Times’ project is trying to envenom defenseless white children by exposing them to the poisonous truth—namely, America’s shameful history of slavery.

“The 1619 Project’s obsession with race, standing alone, is bad enough,” Kirsanow writes, whitely. “ut it’s even worse that it’s actually being used in public school curricula.”

Kirsanow, a regular contributor to National Review, is a former member of the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights as well as a former member of the National Labor Relations Board.

Kirsanow is also a proud and accomplished black man and one of the foremost conservatives in the country.

Oooops.

Washington Free Beacon:

Kirsanow was surprised to discover that he is caucasian.

"Well, I guess if Elizabeth Warren can be Cherokee, I can be white," Kirsanow told the Washington Free Beacon. "Wait till my wife finds out."

Harriot did not respond to a request for comment.

NR's online editor Charles C.W. Cooke was bemused.:snip: