Muslim Refugee Journalist Challenges Ilhan Omar’s Congressional Seat: ‘She Does Not Speak For Me’

Valin

muslim-refugee-journalist-challenges-ilhan-omars-congressional-seat-she-does-not-speak-for-me

“We might seem nearly alike, both Muslims, both women, both refugees,” the journalist says. “But we couldn’t be further apart. She spends her time in congress sowing seeds of division, actively supporting our enemies.”

Mary Margaret Olohan

January 17, 2020

A Muslim refugee and journalist is challenging Democratic Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar as a Republican, saying the Minnesota representative causes division in the United States.

Dalia al-Aqidi promises unity rather than division as she announced her campaign Thursday. The journalist, who has formerly been shadow-banned from Twitter after criticizing Omar, fled with her mother from Iraq as a child, just as Omar came to America as a refugee from Somalia. Al-Aquidi, however, says that Omar uses both her background as a weapon in identity politics and that the two women “couldn’t be further apart.”

“She needs to be stopped,” al-Aqidi told Fox News. “I truly believe that I’m strong enough to beat her at her own game.”

(Snip)

Imam Tawhidi: Dalia Al-Aqidi Is the Biggest Threat to CAIR and Ilhan Omar

She’s a true American, and she is taking a stand for the country she calls home. In short, she’s everything Ilhan Omar isn’t.

Imam Mohamad Tawhidi

January 20, 2020

She’s a female, Muslim, former refugee and woman of color. She ticks all the boxes Progressive Democrats, especially Ilhan Omar, campaign on. But she’s more than that. Dalia al-Aqidi comes with decades of professional experience, a great history, an outstanding reputation, intelligence and love for America. 

She’s a true American, and she is taking a stand for the country she calls home. In short, she’s everything Ilhan Omar isn’t. 

The public challenge began in August of 2019, when Dalia, who’s also a prominent veteran journalist, had reached a stage where she felt the need to confront Ilhan Omar about her statements, suspicious affiliations and the accusations surrounding her. So, she publicly made the request for an interview. 

I dare you to give me a 30 minute face to face interview. From one Muslim immigrant to another. If you have the courage to face someone other than your AlJazeera
@ajmubasher friends.
10:44 AM · Aug 13, 2019

(Snip)

To give Ilhan Omar no excuse, Dalia literally relocated to Minnesota, and to Ilhan Omar’s MN05 district, leaving the Congresswoman with no option but to respond to Dalia. Her insistence on supporting the terror-tied BDS movement and the Ayatollahs in Iran, as well as her antisemtic and anti-American rhetoric caused Dalia to challenge her in the upcoming elections. 

Last week, Al-Aqidi released a powerful campaign video that has already been viewed almost two million times on Twitter alone. In it, she criticizes Ilhan Omar and the policies she believes harm America.

(Snip)