The Dems’ Impeachment Losing Streak Continues

Geee

the-dems-impeachment-losing-streak-continues

Has any political ploy failed as spectacularly as House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s decision to delay sending the articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump over to the Senate. Even Democrats are now telling her the jig is up. 

Pelosi had hoped to use the delay as leverage to get the Senate to agree to the Democrats’ demand for witnesses at the trial. It was a foolhardy plan that, had the leadership not been in the grip of Trump Derangement Syndrome, it never would have attempted.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell always had the upper hand. His position was that the Senate trial would be conducted under the same rules that the Senate approved for President Bill Clinton’s impeachment trial. 

Namely, the House managers and the White House lawyers would make their presentations and answer questions from senators. Then, the Senate would vote on whether it needed to hear from any witnesses. The Senate, by the way, unanimously approved those rules in 1999.:snip:

@Geee

Speaking of Losing...(ones mind...a sense of reality...which country you are a citizen of) I give you My Representative The (supposably) Honorable Ilhan Omar.

Ilhan Omar: The PTSD of a clown

Scott Johnson

1/9/20

I have been following Rep. Ilhan Omar closely since she defeated a 22-term incumbent in the DFL primary to run for the state legislature in the Little Mogadishu neighborhood of Minneapolis in August 2016. The first time I became aware that Omar claims to be a victim of PTSD, however, was last year. In Benjamin Wallace-Wells’s idiotic March 27, 2019 New Yorker profile. W-W snagged an interview with Omar for the profile and quoted her: “You know, I have P.T.S.D. around, like, guns and ammunition and bombs.” According to the account Omar delivered to W-W, Omar’s PTSD dates back to her childhood in Somalia.

That was a new one on me, but several elements of Omar’s interview with W-W represent classic Omar. One recurring element of Omar’s public face struck me in particular. Any expression of gratitude to the United States for taking her and her family in as refugees to the United States was in short supply (i.e., absent).

As I noted over the weekend, Omar has a habit of making up her life stories as she goes along. Yaakov Apelbaum took a deep dive into Omar’s compulsive fabrications here this past August.

Omar was back at it yesterday, this time in the context of President Trump and our struggle with Iran. David Aaro’s FOX News story “Omar claim of PTSD ‘offensive’ to US veterans, Indiana congressman says” lays it out in its absurd detail

(Snip)

Words cannot express just how proud I am of this brave noble person.

if this was Democratic Underground I could express it

8 minutes ago, Valin said:

@Geee

Speaking of Losing...(ones mind...a sense of reality...which country you are a citizen of) I give you My Representative The (supposably) Honorable Ilhan Omar.

Ilhan Omar: The PTSD of a clown

Scott Johnson

1/9/20

I have been following Rep. Ilhan Omar closely since she defeated a 22-term incumbent in the DFL primary to run for the state legislature in the Little Mogadishu neighborhood of Minneapolis in August 2016. The first time I became aware that Omar claims to be a victim of PTSD, however, was last year. In Benjamin Wallace-Wells’s idiotic March 27, 2019 New Yorker profile. W-W snagged an interview with Omar for the profile and quoted her: “You know, I have P.T.S.D. around, like, guns and ammunition and bombs.” According to the account Omar delivered to W-W, Omar’s PTSD dates back to her childhood in Somalia.

That was a new one on me, but several elements of Omar’s interview with W-W represent classic Omar. One recurring element of Omar’s public face struck me in particular. Any expression of gratitude to the United States for taking her and her family in as refugees to the United States was in short supply (i.e., absent).

As I noted over the weekend, Omar has a habit of making up her life stories as she goes along. Yaakov Apelbaum took a deep dive into Omar’s compulsive fabrications here this past August.

Omar was back at it yesterday, this time in the context of President Trump and our struggle with Iran. David Aaro’s FOX News story “Omar claim of PTSD ‘offensive’ to US veterans, Indiana congressman says” lays it out in its absurd detail

(Snip)

Words cannot express just how proud I am of this brave noble person.

{i]if this was Democratic Underground I could express it[/i]

:rolleyes:

• Like 1