William Barr Has Suddenly Become Chatty—and He’s Provided Quite an Information Dump

Geee

william-barr-has-suddenly-become-chatty-and-hes-provided-quite-an-information-dump_3171471.html
In each of two video appearances, on NBC News and at Wall Street Journal’s “CEO Council,” Attorney General Barr provided the same basic information and views about the U.S. intelligence community’s actions against the Trump campaign in 2016 and 2017. A criminal investigation is underway and being led by U.S. Attorney John Durham.

Barr was motivated to make the public statements, he said, by the misreporting and confusion surrounding Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz’s report issued on Dec. 9. It found serious government surveillance abuses but no evidence of political bias on the part of the offending FBI officials and agents.

Below are 24 points Barr felt the need to make after the release of the Horowitz report. (All of the information is attributed to Barr.)

1. Don’t expect Durham’s findings to be announced before late Spring or Summer 2020.

2. The FBI did spy on the Trump campaign. That’s what electronic surveillance is.:snip:

Well, I just don't know what to do. If the climate doesn't kill us, then Trump and Barr will doom us.  :o What the heck - Im going to eat all the Christmas treats I want. The end is near anyway :P

What Attorney General Barr Said

Thu, Dec 12, 2019 

Hugh Hewitt

I wrote on Attorney General Barr’s two interviews Tuesday –both with estimable journalists, NBC’s Pete Williams and the Wall Street Journal’s Gerard baker– for my Wednesday Washington Post column.  I had to hunt for the key quotes scattered across various articles, and so requested the complete transcript of the AG’s remarks from DOJ last night and got them this AM.  This is crucial material, vital to understanding the grave danger presented by the origin and conduct of the “Crossfire Hurricane” investigation of President Trump’s campaign, transition, and the early months of his Administration. whatever the motive for its initiation. As Senator Graham and his colleagues on the Judiciary Committee made clear yesterday, it simply has to be prevented in the future.  Attorney General Barr’s comments from the DOJ transcripts (and as with any transcripts, minor errors may have crept in).

AG Barr interview with NBC’s Pete Williams:

(Snip)

________________________________________________________________________________________

Dec. 10 2019

(From The Comments)

NBC did a straight up interview??? This is shocking. Who told them that they could start doing journalism again?

:thumbup:

• Like 1