Reporters Enraged Over Media Portrayal in ‘Richard Jewell’

Valin

reporters-enraged-over-media-portrayal-in-richard-jewell

David Rutz

December 10, 2019

Media figures are outraged over the upcoming Clint Eastwood film Richard Jewell, blasting its negative portrayal of the journalists that upended the title character's life in 1996.

Reviewers and reporters are slamming the film as misogynistic and even "Trumpian," while the Atlanta Journal-Constitution sent a letter demanding the movie include a disclaimer stating that its portrayal of former police reporter Kathy Scruggs trading sexual favors for a story on Jewell is false.

Eastwood's movie, which comes out Friday, portrays federal law enforcement and media as powerful forces that combined to destroy Jewell, the security guard falsely suspected of the 1996 Summer Olympic bombing in Atlanta.

(Snip)

Dec. 10 2019

Are you reading what I'm reading about the movie, Richard Jewell? I think the critics are getting it all wrong and I think I know why.

Plenty of critics are looking for the conservative agenda in this film. And when you look hard enough, you'll find it. But if everyone puts politics and agenda aside, what they'll find is a well-acted, well-directed film that helps commend Richard Jewell for his heroic actions, albeit posthumously.