Elizabeth Warren Promises to Abolish the Electoral College if Elected

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
elizabeth-warren-promises-to-abolish-the-electoral-college-if-elected

Elizabeth Warren gave a shocking answer to a question at a campaign event in Iowa on Sunday.

"As a presidential candidate, what are your thoughts on the Electoral College?" she was asked.

"I want to get rid of it," Warren responded without hesitation... and the crowd applauded.

"So here's my goal: my goal is to get elected and then to be the last American president elected by the Electoral College. I want the second term to be that I got elected by direct vote. I'm ready."

For Warren to say she wants to be elected to a second term via direct vote means she thinks she can accomplish this goal within four years. I'm not sure if she's aware that it would take a constitutional amendment to get rid of it. Elizabeth Warren ought to brush up on that process because there's no way it's gonna happen. I get that Democrats aren't happy that Hillary lost in 2016, but changing the rules every time you don't get the result you want isn't the answer.

"I just think this is how a democracy should work," Warren said. "Call me old-fashioned, but I think the person who gets the most votes should win."

________

So what would she say if she still lost?