Trump says U.S. to designate Mexican drug cartels as terrorists

Valin

trump-says-u-s-will-designate-mexican-drug-cartels-as-terrorists-idUSKBN1Y02NJ

Nov. 26 2019

WASHINGTON/MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said he will designate Mexican drug cartels as terrorist groups for their role in trafficking narcotics and people, prompting a speedy request for talks by Mexico.

“They will be designated ... I have been working on that for the last 90 days. You know, designation is not that easy, you have to go through a process, and we are well into that process,” Trump said in an interview aired on Tuesday with conservative media personality Bill O’Reilly.

Soon afterwards, Mexico’s foreign ministry issued a statement saying it would quickly seek a high-level meeting with U.S. State Department officials to address the legal designation as well as the flow of arms and money to organized crime.

“The foreign minister will establish contact with his counterpart, Michael R. Pompeo, in order to discuss this very important issue for the bilateral agenda,” the ministry said.

(Snip)

2 hours ago, Geee said:

If Trump Designates Cartels As Terrorist Groups, He Should Go To War With Them

Washington is waking up to the threat of Mexican drug cartels and the growing chaos in Mexico. But is Trump prepared to take robust action?

I refer once again to my 3 small simple questions.

What Do You Want?

2. How Do You Get It?

THEN WHAT HAPPENS?