'They need to be pushed': Sessions lashes Republicans for failing Trump on immigration

Geee

they-need-to-be-pushed-sessions-lashes-republicans-for-failing-trump-on-immigration

Jeff Sessions says he is running for his old Senate seat to push Congress to act on border security and to stop resisting President Trump’s immigration agenda. 

The Alabama Republican is seeking to win a competitive primary and go on to face Democratic Sen. Doug Jones.

“I strongly believe we could have been more effective on immigration, particularly after President Trump got elected,” Sessions said during a half-hour interview with the Washington Examiner near Capitol Hill. “We had the momentum, and it still to me seems [Senate Republicans] have lacked passion and commitment and drive. They need to be pushed. They need to be more aggressive.” 

Of his decision to run again at age 72, Sessions added: “I felt like I would be the strongest candidate and sensed that we certainly don’t need to be sending a potted plant to Washington. We need to be sending somebody who’s got backbone.”:snip: