Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WestVirginiaRebel

Rand Paul slams Lindsey Graham: 'Been wrong about almost every foreign policy decision of the last two decades'

3 posts in this topic

rand-paul-slams-lindsey-graham-been-wrong-about-almost-every-foreign-policy-decision-of-the-last-two-decades

Rand Paul sharply criticized fellow Senate Republican Lindsey Graham for suggesting that U.S. troops should remain in northern Syria.

"Lindsey Graham has been wrong about almost every foreign policy decision of the last two decades," the Kentucky senator said during a Tuesday morning appearance on MSNBC. "He was wrong about the Iraq War. The Iraq War was a mistake. It made Iran stronger, allowed more chaos, more instability, and more terrorism. He was wrong about the war in Libya. It lead to more chaos and more terrorism. He is wrong about this."

Paul was referring to tweets from the South Carolina senator that condemned the White House's decision to remove U.S. troops from northern Syria.

"Our southern border should be our LAST line of defense against radical Islam. Our FIRST line of defense is the U.S. military working with partners in radical Islam’s backyard keeping them over there so they can’t hurt us here at home or hurt our allies like Israel," Graham said on Monday. "This is the exact thinking of the previous Administration — leave them alone and let others do our work. It led to the rise of ISIS! Didn’t work then. Won’t work now."

Graham's tweets were accompanied by the release of his official statement supporting Trump's assertion that he would be imposing sanctions on Turkish officials and the country's economy in the wake of their invasion of northeastern Syria.

"I strongly support President Trump’s decision to initiate executive order sanctions against Turkish officials and economy for Turkey’s invasion of northeastern Syria," Graham said in a statement. "Turkey is attacking the Kurdish forces that supported us the most in destroying the ISIS Caliphate."

Several lawmakers from both sides of the political aisle criticized Trump's choice to withdraw troops from the region. Graham said last week that the move was "putting the nation at risk” and “putting his presidency at risk." He also said that the president's long-held promise to get out of Syria made him physically ill.

"If I hear the president say one more time, 'I made a campaign promise to get out of Syria,' I'm going to throw up," Graham said. “The president is not ending the war. He’s creating a bigger war if he does not change course."

Paul is known for supporting the removal of U.S. military forces from foreign nations and supporting American noninterventionism, which often puts him at odds with other Senate Republicans.

"The only oath I take is to the Constitution," he said last week. "I didn’t promise to take the country to war. I promised not to take the country to war. So did President Trump, by the way. Anybody who tries to make the argument that someone in Syria is a danger to our country is really not paying attention."

________

Lindsey Graham never met a war he didn't like?

Runt Rand Paul is one reason why I'm glad i don't I don't live in Kentucky. I don't have to vote for this clown Libertarian politician.

53 minutes ago, WestVirginiaRebel said:
rand-paul-slams-lindsey-graham-been-wrong-about-almost-every-foreign-policy-decision-of-the-last-two-decades

Lindsey Graham never met a war he didn't like?

Runt Paul never met one he liked.