Inside the media’s relentless crusade to destroy President Trump

Geee

inside-the-medias-relentless-crusade-to-destroy-president-trump

Since Donald Trump’s election in 2016, the mainstream media has shed its once-noble mission — the pursuit of the truth — and instead adopted a new purpose: to take down the president. In an excerpt from her new book, “Resistance at All Costs: How Trump Haters are Breaking America,” out Tuesday, KIMBERLEY STRASSEL examines how far the press will go in its relentless crusade . . . 

Last week The Washington Post revealed the alarming news that House Democrats were considering having their anonymous “whistleblower” testify from a remote location, and in disguise. Just as shocking as the details of this plan was the justification the Post ladled on this Democratic effort to hide impeachment information from the public.

It explained, high up in the story, that the cloak-and-dagger approach was merely Democrats expressing “distrust of their GOP colleagues, whom they see as fully invested in defending a president who has attacked the whistleblower’s credibility and demanded absolute loyalty from Republicans.”

This, from a newspaper with a tagline of “Democracy Dies in Darkness.”

Maybe the better journalistic epitaph is: Democracy dies in bias. How did journalism get here?:snip:

Goodwin: Madness of leftist zealots

Watching the daily attacks and counterattacks in Washington, the optimist in me searches for the bright side. Surely there will be resolutions soon on Ukraine and impeachment, as well as on the misconduct of the FBI and CIA during the 2016 election.

All that will happen any day now, my sunny side assures me. One fine morning we’ll wake up to learn President Trump and his tormentors are calling a cease-fire because they realize the dizzying tit-for-tat escalation is too hot for America’s good.

Then we can all breathe a sigh of relief and get back to politics as normal, with Democrats and Republicans, liberals and conservatives engaged in a tug of war that is serious but not destructive. The impact on the 2020 election will be immediate as the candidates pivot to the traditionally decisive issues of taxes and spending, war and peace.

Alas, the pessimist in me knows better. When it comes to human nature, never assume the best.:snip: