Trump Announces $50 Million for Christians, Other Minorities in Syria

Geee

trump-announces-50-million-for-christians-other-minorities-in-syria

After facing criticism from Christian leaders over his decision to withdraw U.S. troops from Syria, President Donald Trump defended the decision in front of a largely evangelical crowd Saturday. 

“This week I directed $50 million to support Christians and other religious minorities in Syria. I did it on Friday,” Trump said during his remarks at the Values Voter Summit.  

The president said his administration has so far provided more than $500 million in support of religious minorities oppressed in Syria. 

Pastor Andrew Brunson, the American pastor who was held captive in a Turkish prison for two years before the administration negotiated his release, was on the podium with Trump and prayed with the president before the speech.                 

“I’ve made clear to Turkey that if they do not meet their commitments, including the protection of religious minorities, and also watching over the ISIS prisoners were captured, we will impose a very swift, strong and severe economic sanctions, like we did in my negotiations to get Pastor Brunson out,” Trump said. “Otherwise, I hate to say this pastor, you’d still be there. I hate to say this also–and this isn’t done from ego–any other president of the United States, you would still be there.”    :snip:

2 hours ago, Geee said:
trump-announces-50-million-for-christians-other-minorities-in-syria
Heritage Foundation         

“I’ve made clear to Turkey that if they do not meet their commitments, including the protection of religious minorities, and also watching over the ISIS prisoners were captured, we will impose a very swift, strong and severe economic sanctions, like we did in my negotiations to get Pastor Brunson out,” Trump said. “Otherwise, I hate to say this pastor, you’d still be there. I hate to say this also–and this isn’t done from ego–any other president of the United States, you would still be there.”    :snip:

Could some kind soul please explain to me just how Turkey is going to take over guarding those ISIS prisoners now being guarded by the Kurds who Turkey is a war with?

As for sanctions 3 words Incirlik...Air...Base. With it thousands of US personal not to mention

1st Air Wing Eskişehir AFB.

2nd Training Wing Çiğli AFB.

3rd Training Wing Konya AFB.

4th Air Wing Akıncı AFB.

5th Air Wing Merzifon AFB.

6th Wing Wing Bandırma AFB.

7th Air Wing Erhaç AFB.

8th Air Wing Diyarbakır AFB.