The Latest College Lunacy: Correct English Grammar Is ‘Racist’

Geee

the-latest-college-lunacy-correct-english-grammar-is-racist

Just when we thought colleges could not spout loonier ideas, we have a new one from American University. 

They hired a professor to teach other professors to grade students based on their “labor” rather than their writing ability. 

The professor that American University hired to teach that nonsense is Asao B. Inoue, who is a professor at the University of Washington in Tacoma in interdisciplinary arts and sciences. He is also the director of the university’s writing center.

Inoue believes that a person’s writing ability should not be assessed, in order to promote “anti-racist” objectives. Inoue taught American University’s faculty members that their previous practices of grading writing promoted white language supremacy.:snip:

@Geee

Inoue thinks that students should be graded on the effort they put into a project.

Where Was This Guy, when I was getting D's when I really thought I deserved A's!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Valin said:

@Geee

Where Was This Guy, when I was getting D's when I really thought I deserved A's!

I would have ben in trouble. I would have gotten D's instead of A's and B's.

34 minutes ago, Geee said:

I would have ben in trouble. I would have gotten D's instead of A's and B's.

So You were one of Those! :D

Lets just say my graduation ceremony was 6 weeks After my class graduated. It was a small intimate affair Mom Dad the vice principal and 2 secretaries. Lasted (as I recall) around 5-6 minutes..."Here's your graduation certificate...Good Luck."  Deeply Moving!

So when I say "I'm Not That Bright." I really Do Mean it.

3 hours ago, Valin said:

So You were one of Those! :D

Lets just say my graduation ceremony was 6 weeks After my class graduated. It was a small intimate affair Mom Dad the vice principal and 2 secretaries. Lasted (as I recall) around 5-6 minutes..."Here's your graduation certificate...Good Luck."  Deeply Moving!

So when I say "I'm Not That Bright." I really Do Mean it.

Academics do not always equate with 'bright". I'm sure you could give as many examples and I could. In many cases common sense is more important. Think about the people you know that have a degree and some with 'position' but no common sense. They are dimwits with degrees. You are no dimwit ( crazy but not dim;))

• Like 1