Thoughts from the ammo line

Valin

thoughts-from-the-ammo-line-285.php

Scott Johnson

Aug 9 2019

Ammo Grrrll takes a break from the news with MORE NUGGETS OF JOY. She writes:

Who can measure the collective depression, grief, and anxiety when in the space of a couple of weeks, three psychotic losers murder and maim dozens of our fellow humans? And when the Democrat/Media Megaphone bellows with one loud coordinated voice, that – despite one of the losers being a Bernie/Warren and Fraud Squad fan – it’s just all completely President Trump’s fault. Never was a mass murder before he was President. Well, not counting those “people who did some things.” And don’t mention 51 shot in Chicago last weekend.

And so when the world is too much with us, it’s time to take another of my patented “Nuggets of Joy” breaks. I promise we will return to our regularly-scheduled hellish news next week. The Leftists aren’t going anywhere. And with 330 million people here, if only 1 percent are mentally deranged, that’s still 3.3 million lunatics who can go off the rails at any time.

For today’s column, let’s channel the first couple lines of the Zac Brown/Jimmy Buffett song, “Knee Deep”:

Gonna put the world away for a minute
Pretend I don’t live in it

Sunshine gonna wash my blues away.

(Snip)

Though there is abundant sunshine in Arizona, sadly, not all of us can be “knee deep” in the water somewhere. Some of us live in a desert, which nevertheless did not keep the imaginative street-namers in our Gated Geezerland from naming the next street over “Ocean Breeze.” Due to the presence of the remnants of John Wayne’s quarter-million head herd, we locals have another name for that breeze, in which one can still be “knee deep.”

We recently had a front-row seat to a joyous little nature drama that went on for over a month. A mama hummingbird had built an amazing little tiny nest woven into a string of lights on our front patio, about two feet directly in front of our library window. With a front-row piano bench seat for the drama.

(Snip)

________________________________________________________________________________________