On deregulation, Walker's Wisconsin showed the way

Geee

on-deregulation-walkers-wisconsin-showed-the-way

Before Gov. Scott Walker took office, Wisconsin was suffering from a bloated government that needed to be pared back and an economy that needed to be put back together. According to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics, the unemployment rate had reached 8.1% in December 2010. It was clear that economic growth was being stifled — making it harder for businesses to create jobs for working families. 

As a small business owner and job creator myself, I know firsthand the detrimental effects that burdensome regulations can have on businesses and creating jobs. Eight years ago, many of us thought something had to change. Enter Walker and a reform-minded legislature in 2011. As the economy picked up, so did my business. Hiring 60 people in less than a month, my business was booming due to the ability of Wisconsin taxpayers to keep more of their disposable income and spend it on recreation and in other areas. 

The Institute for Reforming Government recently issued its second policy paper, highlighting many of the regulatory reforms that Walker and legislators implemented, including the Wisconsin version of the federal REINS Act. Wisconsin’s reforms were helpful in cutting red tape and easing the burden of regulations on businesses like mine so that they could provide more jobs for Wisconsin families.:snip: