Texan on Trump Donor Hit List Says He Donated to Joaquin Castro, Too

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
#

Rep. Joaquin Castro (D-TX) targeted one of his own supporters in a public list of San Antonio, Texas, natives who have donated to President Donald Trump’s campaign, according to one of the men named in the political stunt.

Real estate developer Wayne Harwell, one of the 44 Trump donors listed in a social media post from Castro’s campaign account, confirmed he has donated to the Texas Democrat’s campaign for the House of Representatives but signaled he will no longer support the congressman.

“I was also on a list of people that gave to Castro and if he dislikes me enough that he wants to put my name out there against Trump, I’m not going to give money to him,” Harwell said in an interview with Fox News. “Obviously Castro feels pretty strongly against me.”

Federal Election Commission (FEC) records show Harwell gave $1,000 to Castro’s campaign in 2011, Fox News found.

In the past year, the businessman donated $2,800 to the Trump campaign and $5,600 to the Trump Victory Committee, a joint fundraising effort by the Trump campaign, the Republican National Committee (RNC), and various other state Republican committees. He also gave money to President Trump’s 2016 campaign.

________

Outing his own donor...