Peter Strzok sues FBI over firing, alleges bureau caved to Trump's 'unrelenting pressure'

Valin

peter-strzok-sues-fbi-over-firing-says-bureau-caved-to-trumps-unrelenting-pressure

Andrew O'Reilly, Brooke Singman

Aug 6 2019

Peter Strzok, the former FBI agent who wrote unflattering text messages about President Trump while investigating the Trump campaign’s alleged ties to Russia, has filed a lawsuit against the bureau and the Justice Department – arguing that the FBI caved to the “unrelenting pressure” of the president when it fired him.

“While many in law enforcement have faced attacks by this president, Pete Strzok has been a constant target for two years,” Aitan Goelman, a partner with Zuckerman Spaeder LLP and one of Strzok’s lawyers, said in a statement. “It’s indisputable that his termination was a result of President Trump’s unrelenting retaliatory campaign of false information, attacks and direct appeals to top officials.”

(Snip)

The complaint, which names as defendants Attorney General William Barr and FBI Director Chris Wray, revisits a political drama that was seized on by conservative critics of then-Special Counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation as proof that the bureau was biased against Trump. Multiple investigations are underway examining whether the FBI acted properly during the Russia investigation, and Strzok remains a target of Trump's scornful tweets.

Representatives of the FBI did not immediately respond to Fox News’ request for comment.

(Snip)

Oh This Should Be Good!

2 minutes ago, Valin said:

2 comments

We the People
I'm not sure how it works with the FBI, but I know if I used my company phone for over 30,000 personal texts with a lover (do not have one), so my wife or anyone else wouldn't find out, I'd be fired in a heartbeat.

KRS
One Word "Discovery" I don't think it's wise for Strzok to be making the lawsuit since Discovery works both ways.