NYT’s Editor: ‘We Were Overly Cautious’ In Coverage Of E. Jean Carroll’s Trump Allegations

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
dean-baquet-new-york-times-e-jean-carroll-trump

New York Times executive editor Dean Baquet said Monday that the newspaper underplayed author E. Jean Carroll’s allegations that President Donald Trump raped her more than two decades ago.

“We were overly cautious,” Baquet told a reporter for The Times.

Baquet was responding to backlash from Times readers who felt that the paper buried Carroll’s allegation, which she laid out in an article published on Friday, that Trump raped her in a department store fitting room in 1995 or 1996.

In an interview on MSNBC on Friday night, Carroll said that she would not consider bringing charges against Trump for the alleged attack because it would be “disrespectful to the women who are down on the border who are being raped around the clock down there without any protection.” (RELATED: Here’s Why Advice Columnist E. Jean Carroll Won’t Bring A Rape Charge Against Trump)

Trump vehemently denied the claims, saying that “people should pay dearly for such false accusations.” No other evidence has emerged to support Carroll’s claim. In an interview with CNN on Monday, she dodged when asked whether she would be willing to provide police with the dress she wore during the alleged attack. Carroll wrote in her essay that she still has the dress she wore when Trump allegedly raped her, and that she has not had it cleaned.

________

Anti-Trump lunacy reaches new depths at the Times.

Baquet was responding to backlash from Times readers who felt that the paper buried Carroll’s allegation, which she laid out in an article published on Friday, that Trump raped her in a department store fitting room in 1995 or 1996.

I am surprised at how good-looking he is. We’ve met once before, and perhaps it is the dusky light but he looks prettier than ever. This has to be in the fall of 1995 or the spring of 1996 because he’s garbed in a faultless topcoat and I’m wearing my black wool Donna Karan coatdress and high heels but not a coat.

Ladies if you have ever been sexually assaulted you think you might be able to put the date down to something closer than "The Fall of 1965 or the spring of 1996[/b]? She seems to remember many many many things in great detail......except The Date.

"Early one evening, as I am about to go out Bergdorf’s revolving door on 58th Street, and one of New York’s most famous men comes in the revolving door, or it could have been a regular door at that time, I can’t recall, and he says: “Hey, you’re that advice lady!”

And I say to No. 20 on the Most Hideous Men of My Life List: “Hey, you’re that real-estate tycoon!”

I am surprised at how good-looking he is. We’ve met once before, and perhaps it is the dusky light but he looks prettier than ever. This has to be in the fall of 1995 or the spring of 1996 because he’s garbed in a faultless topcoat and I’m wearing my black wool Donna Karan coatdress and high heels but not a coat.

“Come advise me,” says the man. “I gotta buy a present.”

“Oh!” I say, charmed. “For whom?”

“A girl,” he says."