REPUBLICAN OREGON STATE SENATORS FLEE THE STATE TO AVOID VOTE. THE GOVERNOR SENDS STATE POLICE TO FIND THEM

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
kate-brown-oregon-republicans

Oregon’s Democratic governor sent state police to round up Republican state legislators on Thursday as they tried to avoid a quorum for a vote on a wide-ranging climate bill — but some had already fled the state.

“I think [Senate Republicans have] all left if they’re not already on their way out,” Jonathan Lockwood, spokesman for Oregon Republicans, told The Daily Caller News Foundation in a phone interview Thursday. “The reason they’ve left the state is because it’s obviously harder for the state police to drag them back to the Capitol.”

For example, Republican Oregon state Sen. Brian Boquist reportedly fled to Idaho, according to The Associated Press.

“This is what I told the [Oregon State Police] superintendent,” Boquist said according to The Oregonian. “Send bachelors and come heavily armed. I’m not going to be a political prisoner in the state of Oregon. It’s just that simple.”

The Republicans, who are in the minority in the state Senate, walked out on a school funding tax package in May and came back after reaching a deal with Democratic Oregon Gov. Kate Brown to table measures dealing with gun control and vaccinations, reported The AP. But Brown’s tone seemed averse to compromise in her statement on involving state police Thursday.

“The Senate Republicans have decided to abandon their duty to serve their constituents and walk out,” she said in a statement. “The Senate Democrats have requested the assistance of the Oregon State Police to bring back their colleagues to finish the work they committed to push forward for Oregonians.”

________

What, exactly, are the state police going to charge them with? Dereliction of a state dictator's orders?