What AO-C’s ‘Concentration Camp’ Comments Tell Us About the Deconstruction and Breakdown of American Education

Geee

what-ao-cs-concentration-camp-comments-tell-us-about-the-deconstruction-and-breakdown-of-american-education

“The United States is running concentration camps on our southern border.… ‘Never Again’ means something.”
 AO-C

“Concentration camps were places where Nazis inflicted slave labor, torture and death upon innocent Jews removed from their homes at gunpoint and transported there in cattle cars. To use Holocaust terminology regarding the refugee situation at the border is deeply offensive, and for Rep. Ocasio-Cortez to first use the term ‘Never Again’ and then deny making the comparison is compellingly dishonest.”
— Rabbi Avrohom Gordimer, Chairman of the 1,000-member Rabbinic Circle of Coalition for Jewish Values (CJV)

“Trivializing the Holocaust is a form of Holocaust denial. Jews were not sneaking into countries illegally, nor did they anticipate incarceration like these illegals do. Neither are illegal immigrants forced into labor or tortured, much less being systematically murdered. It is doubly shameful that she is trying to excuse or justify her statement, rather than apologizing.”
— Rabbi Steven Pruzansky, CJV Senior Rabbinic Fellow

1. The Difference Between Teaching Law and Being a Life-Tenured Marxist College Professor of the Social Sciences

Among my roles as law professor, I teach a course in California Civil Procedure. Although that course entails teaching lots of fascinating chess-like theory and strategy, it also includes conveying mundane rules. One must serve a complaint within 60 days of filing. One must answer, object, or otherwise respond to that action within 30 days of being served. An opening brief should not exceed 15 pages and must be received by the opposing party at least 16 court days before the hearing. Stuff like that. Lots of stuff like that.

I have to teach the right law. I cannot just throw in my own law, like “Hey, serve whenever you like. Don’t sweat deadlines. And if you feel you need 19 pages to tellYourTruth, then take the damned extra four pages. Big deal! And, geesh, serve that opening brief eight days before the hearing because, what the heck!”

I cannot get away with that, and I never would contemplate doing so. I have to teach the right law, the correct law.

Now let us shift to a tenured college professor in political science. He/She /It /Ze basically can say whatever the moment feels like. Tenured college professors cannot get fired, no matter how incompetent, deathly boring, and intellectually stale, as long as they (i) do not say the “N word,” and (ii) do not sexually violate a student. So a tenured college professor can tell a class that the Soviet Union was a model of freedom, that Stalin is completely misunderstood because he really was as kind as Mother Teresa, that AmeriKKKa is the center of fascism and Nazism, that up is down, in is out, and Trump is a Nazi.:snip: