Lindsey Graham Just Introduced New Legislation to Fix the Border Crisis, Here's What it Does

Geee

lindsey-graham-just-announced-legislation-to-fix-the-border-crisis-hes-what-he-said-n2546362

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham held a press conference Wednesday morning to announce new legislation, the Secure and Protect Act of 2019, aimed at fixing the current border crisis and strengthening security. 

"Today I'm going to introduce legislation designed to deal with the crisis at our border," Graham said. “We have a perfect storm brewing at the border because of a series of broken and outdated laws related to asylum and children.”

"What I'm trying to do is stop the flow coming from Central America to regain control of our border and stop a humanitarian crisis that I think is just going to get worse over time. One of the most important things I can stress to you is that people are trying to get caught. They're not avoiding getting caught," Graham continued. "So when we talk about building a wall as Republicans, that makes sense to stop illegal entry into the country, try to direct people into areas where we have a better chance of apprehending them. That doesn't work when the goal of the person is to find a Border Patrol agent and turn yourself in."

:snip: