What Could Have Caused This? CNN to Cut as Many as 300 Staffers

Valin

what-could-have-caused-this-cnn-to-cut-as-many-as-300-staffers

Paula Bolyard

May 6, 2019

CNN is planning to cut up to 300 jobs, "many being older employees with years at the network," according to a report on Monday.

According to FTVLive, a website that monitors the television industry, "Word is that just under 200 people will be pink slipped and just over 100 will be offered a buyout." Staffers are reportedly calling the cuts a "massive brain drain" because so many veteran employees are being given pink slips.

The website obtained an email that Tony Maddox, the executive vice president and managing director of CNN International, shared with staff announcing his departure. "After 21 years I am leaving CNN," Maddox wrote on Monday. "It has been the honor of my life to work for, and then lead CNN International. What a privilege to make a living doing such important work with truly outstanding people."

"I always feel enormous pride when I say I am with CNN," he continued. "This really is a remarkable company. Working for it is real life, amplified. Everything is more intense, vivid, and in the end, so rewarding."

(Snip)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________