THE DETAILS OF HOW BILL BARR HAS TRASHED HIS CREDIBILITY

Draggingtree

Draggingtree
the-details-of-how-bill-barr-has-trashed-his-credibility

5/3/2019

Filed under: General — Patterico @ 6:47 am 

Many people have asked me: so how, exactly, did Bill Barr mislead the American people about the content of the Mueller report? Because you asked, and because I am the sort of person who apparently enjoys beating his head repeatedly against a wall, I will answer.

The best answer I can give you i: read this article by Benjamin Wittes.

The second-best answer — but necessary for the vast majority who won’t click the link — is to summarize it, with my thoughts.

Wittes begins by noting (and I quite agree) that we are not talking here about perjury.

Barr did not lie in any of these statements. He did not, as some people insist, commit perjury. I haven’t found a sentence he has written or said that cannot be defended as truthful on its own terms, if only in some literal sense. But it is possible to mislead without lying. One can be dishonest before Congress without perjury. And one can convey sweeping untruths without substantial factual misstatement. This is what Barr has been doing since that first letter. And it is utterly beneath the United States Department of Justice.

San Fran Nan’s overwrought declaration that Barr committed a “crime” in his testimony is typical Resistance overreach. Barr was a weasel. He was a dissembler. He was Clintonesque and bumbling. But there is no case for impeachment of Barr — especially since the Senate knew Barr was a snake when they let him in.

Wittes does break down several specific ways in which Barr misled the public, however, and I think it’s worth going through them point by point and adding my own thoughts.  :snip: 

• Like 1

Draggingtree

Bill Barr is going to expose Spygate, and the Democrat-Media Russia Collusion Complex is panicking

Posted by William A. Jacobson    May 2, 2019
Democrats, with help from the mainstream media, will spare no effort to tarnish Barr as a way of discrediting the investigative train that is rolling down the tracks. :snip: 

• Like 1