mayor pete and the crackup of christianity

Draggingtree

Draggingtree
mayor-pete-and-the-crackup-of-christianity

mayor pete and the crackup of christianity

View all posts from this blog

By:Pat Buchanan | April 16, 2019

"(T)here is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so," said Hamlet, who thereby raised some crucial questions:

Is moral truth subjective? Does it change with changing times and changing attitudes? Or is there a higher law, a permanent law, God's law, immutable and eternal, to which man's law should conform?

Are, for example, the Ten Commandments of the Old Testament, Christian teaching and natural law unchangeable and applicable to all men at all times? Or can some of the 10 be consigned to the dumpster of antiquated moral prohibitions?

This question has been brought straight into the presidential primaries by Pete Buttigieg, breakout star of the spring of 2019.

"Mayor Pete" is proudly gay and living happily with his husband.

He says God made him the way he is, and he is living the life God intended for him. Raising the same-sex marriage issue himself, the mayor defiantly taunted Mike Pence:  :snip: 

• 1 month later...
Draggingtree

Mayor Pete’s America- Updated

By DrJohn  78 Comments  Mon, May, 20th, 2019

Pete Buttigieg is seeking the democrat nomination for President of the United States. The more he speaks the more dangerous he appears. He has a number of policy positions that can be positively frightening. He seeks to dismantle America one piece at a time. Buttigieg would erase Thomas Jefferson from history: Democratic presidential candidate Pete… Read more »

Filed under Anti-Americanism, Liberal Idiots, Politics, Uncategorized, WtF?

Tagged 2020 election Democrats mayor pete more of the usual pete buttigieg Politics

@Draggingtree

Couple of points...as always in no particular order

1. The Bible tells us Homosexuality is A Sin..aka Don't do This, this is bad, not good for people or society. So is telling A Lie. Hating People...Stealing....etc...etc...etc. I believe when God looks at Sin, he doesn't (for lack of a better way) grade On The Curve. Sin is Sin.

2. The problem I have with Same Sex Marriage is the M word. I can't find in the 6,000 years of recorded history where same sex Marriage has been sanctioned by a society. In the pre-Christian  other than The Jews Homosexuality was accepted as no big deal (to be a member of The Golden Band of Thebes, the military elite you Had to be homosexual, and look at Sparta) thing is thought marriage was Always between men and women. Today here in The West we are going against 6,000 years. 

3. For better or worse (and I suspect worse) Same Sex Marriage is here, and I can't come up with a solution where the cure is not worse than the crime.

Draggingtree
21 hours ago, Valin said:

@Draggingtree

Couple of points...as always in no particular order

1. The Bible tells us Homosexuality is A Sin..aka Don't do This, this is bad, not good for people or society. So is telling A Lie. Hating People...Stealing....etc...etc...etc. I believe when God looks at Sin, he doesn't (for lack of a better way) grade On The Curve. Sin is Sin.

2. The problem I have with Same Sex Marriage is the M word. I can't find in the 6,000 years of recorded history where same sex Marriage has been sanctioned by a society. In the pre-Christian  other than The Jews Homosexuality was accepted as no big deal (to be a member of The Golden Band of Thebes, the military elite you Had to be homosexual, and look at Sparta) thing is thought marriage was Always between men and women. Today here in The West we are going against 6,000 years. 

3. For better or worse (and I suspect worse) Same Sex Marriage is here, and I can't come up with a solution where the cure is not worse than the crime.

When ever I hear that between same sex I wonder do they believe it.

57 minutes ago, Draggingtree said:

When ever I hear that between same sex I wonder do they believe it.

I question if it even occurs to them.