Abrams, Omar Have Fiery Exchange at Venezuela Hearing: ‘That Is a Ridiculous Question’

Valin

abrams-omar-fiery-exchange-at-venezuela-hearing-that-is-a-ridiculous-question

David Rutz
February 13, 2019

Rep. Ilhan Omar (D., Minn.) and U.S. special envoy to Venezuela Elliott Abrams got into a fiery exchange on Wednesday that began with her wondering why anything he said could be considered credible after his role in the Iran-Contra scandal.

Abrams testified in front of the House Foreign Affairs Committee about the U.S. response to the crisis in Venezuela, which has collapsed under far-left policies that have decimated its economy and caused hyperinflation, starvation and medical shortages. The Trump administration is supporting Venezuelan opposition leader Juan Guaido and said authoritarian President Nicolas Maduro must step down and leave the country.

Omar opened her questioning by calling Abrams "Mr. Adams" and recounting Abrams' misdemeanor guilty pleas for withholding information from Congress over the Iran-Contra scandal while he worked in the Reagan administration. He was later pardoned by President George H.W. Bush in 1992.

"I fail to understand why members of this committee or the American people should find any testimony that you give today to be truthful," Omar said.

Abrams sought to respond, but Omar said it wasn't a question as the two spoke over each other.

(Snip)

she really is quite a disgusting person.

ILHAN OMAR IN ACTION: A SICKENING DISGRACE

Ilhan Omar questioned Special Envoy for Venezuela Elliott Abrams at a House Foreign Relations Committee hearing. As Max Boot observes elsewhere on Twitter, she doesn’t seem to realize that Abrams is a leading advocate of human rights and democracy–not a promoter of genocide. She does seem to know, however, that Abrams is a supporter of Israel and the member of a suspect “faith tradition.” Related: The Spectator USA’s Dominic Green channels a day in Omar’s life. Note: The staffers who wrote the questions that Omar can barely read must be something like Communist relics of the Cold War era.:snip:

53 minutes ago, Geee said:

ILHAN OMAR IN ACTION: A SICKENING DISGRACE

Ilhan Omar questioned Special Envoy for Venezuela Elliott Abrams at a House Foreign Relations Committee hearing. As Max Boot observes elsewhere on Twitter, she doesn’t seem to realize that Abrams is a leading advocate of human rights and democracy–not a promoter of genocide. She does seem to know, however, that Abrams is a supporter of Israel and the member of a suspect “faith tradition.” Related: The Spectator USA’s Dominic Green channels a day in Omar’s life. Note: The staffers who wrote the questions that Omar can barely read must be something like Communist relics of the Cold War era.:snip:

In watching her questioning of Elliot Abrams, I got really seriously pissed off! And I still am.  If I saw her in person...words would be spoken, harsh unchristian words spoken at a high volume.

Scripture tells me I should not hate people...but sometimes its really hard not to.

Now we go to progressive nutterville

"Let's give it up for Rep. Ilhan Omar for her wonderful actions yesterday"

@Frank_Schaeffer

Forget Rep. Omar! Trump and Pence should be the ones apologizing for allowing their Middle East/Israel policy to be written for them by the likes of Zionist/fanatic billionaire/mega-donor Sheldon Adelson and evangelical loons who think Jesus' return depends on Israel expanding.

9:53 AM - 13 Feb 2019

I wonder what his father would say, if he were alive.

• Like 1

A point on the @IlhanMN exchange with Elliott Abrams. She takes Maduro’s side in Venezuela, calling @jguaido a “far right” coup plotter. And she then turns around and lectures Abrams (or is it Adams?) about human rights and genocide. What a farce https://twitter.com/IlhanMN/status/1088599057981943809 

________________________________________________________________________________________

H/T Scott Johnson