PUBLIC FIGHTING OVER ABORTION CONTINUES BETWEEN CARDINAL DOLAN AND GOVERNOR CUOMO

Geee

cardinal-dolan-cuomo-abortion

Cardinal Timothy Dolan fired back Thursday at New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo over his attack on pro-life supporters, accusing him of “hiding behind labels.”

Dolan’s retort against Cuomo, published in his personal blog, is the latest salvofired in the ongoing fight between the two over Cuomo’s passage of New York’s newest abortion law, which codified abortion as a woman’s right. Dolan’s post came in response to Cuomo, a Catholic, accusing Dolan in a Feb. 6 New York Times op-ed of being part of the “religious right” and of “spreading falsehoods about abortion laws to inflame their base.” 

“This is something new from the governor.  He did not consider me part of the ‘religious right’ when seeking my help with the minimum wage increase, prison reform, protection of migrant workers, a welcome of immigrants and refugees, and advocacy for college programs for the state’s inmate population, which we were happy to partner with him on, because they were our causes too,” Dolan wrote.

“I guess I was part of the ‘religious left’ in those cases,” Dolan added.:snip: