Attenborough at U.N. Summit: If No Climate Change Action, 'Collapse of Our Civilizations,' Extinction 'On Horizon'

Geee

attenborough-un-summit-if-no-climate-change-action-collapse-our-civilizations

Britain's Sir David Attenborough, an agnostic, anti-growth, population control advocate and naturalist, said that if the governments of the world do not take action on climate change, then "the collapse of our civilizations and the extinction of much of the natural world is on the horizon." Attenborough, a Darwinist and former BBC senior manager, has also said that humans "are a plague on the Earth."

At the United Nations' Climate Change Conference in Katowice, Poland, which runs this week (Dec. 3-7), Attenborough proclaimed, “Right now, we are facing a man-made disaster of global scale. Our greatest threat in thousands of years: climate change.":snip:

“Right now, we are facing a man-made disaster of global scale. Our greatest threat in thousands of years: climate change."

Wish I had a dollar, for every time we've been told this.

Geee

I didn'r read the article, did he mention just what the climate was supposed to be in order to prevent this? I ask this, because for some years now I've been trying to find out.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Valin said:

Wish I had a dollar, for every time we've been told this.

Geee

I didn'r read the article, did he mention just what the climate was supposed to be in order to prevent this? I ask this, because for some years now I've been trying to find out.

Live in caves and eat grass :P

UN Climate Summit to Emit More CO2 Than 8,200 American Homes Do in a Year

This year’s United Nations climate summit will have a carbon footprint equivalent to the yearly electricity usage of more than 8,200 American households, according to the international body’s own figures.

The U.N. estimates the summit, called COP24, will emit 55,000 metric tons of carbon dioxide—the very greenhouse gas U.N. officials are trying to keep from accumulating in the atmosphere.

Based on U.S. Environmental Protection Agency figures, that’s the equivalent of more than 11,700 cars driving for one year or 728 tanker trucks worth of gasoline. That amount of carbon dioxide emissions is also the same as 8,243 American homes for an entire year, according to EPA.

However, that’s a low-ball estimate because it only includes the emissions from the conference itself, and not emissions associated with the thousands of people who flew to the meeting in Katowice, Poland. More than a few summitgoers, including celebrities, likely flew private jets.:snip:

I have posted this before. In about 1 hour Michael Crichton destroys the Catastrophist Climate Change idea.

Transcript

The other speakers are very good also.

The thing I've noticed is whenever the AGW people debate the non ASW (ie climate change deniers) they get their butts kicked.

• Like 2