Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Valin

Sasse: Jesse Kelly and I disagree but larger trend of ‘de-platforming’ is dangerous

11 posts in this topic

418309-sasse-jesse-kelly-and-i-disagree-but-larger-trend-of-de-platforming-is

Megan Keller

11/26/18 05:04 PM EST

Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) on Monday said that though he and former GOP congressional candidate Jesse Kelly disagree on many things, he considers Kelly's Twitter ban to be part of a larger, dangerous pattern of “de-platforming.”

Kelly, who hosts a conservative radio show in Houston, had his Twitter account permanently suspended for unspecified reasons over the weekend, creating a wave of backlash among conservatives.

Sasse on Monday tweeted that the move by Twitter and other similar moves by other social media companies is “a bad precedent for our free speech society.”

"Jesse Kelly can’t stand me," Sasse tweeted. "And I think his tribal war scalping stuff is stupid and wrong."

"But that doesn’t matter much compared to the bigger picture here: The trend of de-platforming and shutting down speech is a bad precedent for our free speech society."

(Snip)

H./T Daily Wire

Without Any Explanation, Twitter Reinstates Jesse Kelly’s Account

Bre Payton

Nov. 28 2018

Two days after Twitter permanently suspended an account belonging to Jesse Kelly, a senior contributor to The Federalist and conservative talk radio host, the social media publisher reinstated his account without any explanation.

On Sunday, Kelly’s account was taken down and he received a message from Twitter support saying that his account was taken down due to “repeat violations of the Twitter rules.” The social media publisher provided no additional information about which rules Kelly, a Marine combat veteran, had supposedly violated. Throughout the two years Kelly had a verified account, he had never received so much as a warning about any of his tweets leading up to the suspension that was supposed to be permanent.

Following his suspension, The Federalist’s Ben Domenech reported that Twitter’s CEO Jack Dorsey lied under oath to Congress when testifying in a hearing about the social media platform’s inconsistent and controversial rules that have resulted in numerous conservative accounts being taken down.

(Snip)

Why Hasn’t Twitter Banned These Celebrities?

Christian Toto

Dec. 2 2018

Conservatives note that an avowed anti-Semite like Louis Farrakhan maintains a Twitter account while a gaggle of conservatives no longer do.

Think Anthony Cumia, Owen Benjamin, Roger Stone, Sabo, “Gay Patriot” Bruce Carroll, Gavin McInnes and Laura Loomer.

Former Republican candidate Jesse Kelly became the most recent example.

(Snip)

Bette Midler fantasized about members of the Trump family getting hanged for their alleged crimes.

Actor Peter Fonda, part of the legendary Fonda acting family, faced heat earlier this year when he demanded the president’s young son, Barron Trump, be put in a cage with pedophiles.

“We should rip Barron Trump from his mother’s arms and put him in a cage with pedophiles and see if mother will stand up against the giant a–hole she is married to. 90 million people in the streets on the same weekend in the country. F—,” the initial tweet read.

First Lady Melania Trump alerted the Secret Service regarding the threat. Fonda took down the tweet and subsequently apologized. Apologies rarely sway Team Twitter, though.

Why?

Too often those suspended by the service aren’t even told which Tweet or Tweets merited the ban, making possible apologies impossible. Just ask Kelly.

(Snip)

On 11/26/2018 at 4:57 PM, Valin said:
418309-sasse-jesse-kelly-and-i-disagree-but-larger-trend-of-de-platforming-is

Megan Keller

11/26/18 05:04 PM EST

Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) on Monday said that though he and former GOP congressional candidate Jesse Kelly disagree on many things, he considers Kelly's Twitter ban to be part of a larger, dangerous pattern of “de-platforming.”

Kelly, who hosts a conservative radio show in Houston, had his Twitter account permanently suspended for unspecified reasons over the weekend, creating a wave of backlash among conservatives.

Sasse on Monday tweeted that the move by Twitter and other similar moves by other social media companies is “a bad precedent for our free speech society.”

"Jesse Kelly can’t stand me," Sasse tweeted. "And I think his tribal war scalping stuff is stupid and wrong."

"But that doesn’t matter much compared to the bigger picture here: The trend of de-platforming and shutting down speech is a bad precedent for our free speech society."

(Snip)

H./T Daily Wire

I have never listen to Kelly --- comes on same time as Mark Levin sides that I hardly ever listen to the radio in the house.

3 hours ago, Draggingtree said:

I have never listen to Kelly --- comes on same time as Mark Levin sides that I hardly ever listen to the radio in the house.

There are 2 Mark Levin's the bad Bark Levin who yells at people (not that they don't often deserve it, but its not my style) and the good Mark Levin Examples