A second migrant caravan is also headed to the U.S. from Guatemala

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
a-second-migrant-caravan-is-also-headed-to-the-u-s-from-guatemala

Reports out of Guatemala say that a second migrant caravan, numbering between 1,000 and 2,000 people, is passing through that country on its way to Mexico and eventually the U.S. border.

According to Reuters, Casa del Migrante (literally “house of the migrant”), a migrant shelter in Guatemala City, said that more than 1,000 migrants had passed that way from Honduras, before heading to toward Mexico.

Local media outlets have reported the number of migrants in this second caravan as being higher than 2,000.

The first migrant caravan, which is now reported to have grown to anywhere between 7,000 and 10,000 migrants, is reportedly still 1,100 miles from the United States in Huixtla, Mexico. That first caravan is mostly made up of people from Honduras.

What did President Trump say?

On Monday, President Donald Trump said in a series of tweets that he was going to begin cutting off foreign aid to Guatemala, Honduras, and El Salvador after those nations failed to stop the migrant caravan from moving north.

The U.S. sent more than $400 million to these three nations in 2016 alone. Trump will need congressional approval to stop any aid payments that have already been approved.

________

Second wave?

A Manufactured Crisis

By Jim Chase October 24, 2018 / 49 COMMENTS

As I read the headlines and the occasional news story on the progress of the so-called migrant caravan coming up from Mexico, I cannot help but sense that we are but spectators to a well-orchestrated script or screenplay.

Unless I’ve missed some seminal event apart from the collapse of the Venezuelan economy, there is no driving natural or humanitarian calamity that is driving this group of Central American migrants to the American border. Apart from the preceding, which would be expected to result in an unorganized but populous stream of refugees, this caravan presents the appearance of planning, organization, and facilitation. To all accounts, the goal appears to be the American border. To be sure, it would not surprise me in the least that some of that number truly have been or are in dire straits, just as I’m sure that some are opportunists and paid collaborators as well. But I fear that a substantial number are being used as pawns in a larger game play to force a confrontation.  :snip:  https://ricochet.com/565884/a-manufactured-crisis/

Oct 25, 2018
U.S. Troops Being Sent To Southern Border, Migrant Caravan. As the migrant caravan makes its way closer to the US border, albeit very slowly, escalating calls for security have come from Trump. It is reported that today officials are planning to send 800 US troops to the southern border to provide logistical support and help secure it.
The caravan is bad news for democrats going into the midterms and a very strong play for Trump and republicans as working class Americans find the issue to be extremely important.