KAVANAUGH ACCUSER GOES PUBLIC WITH ASSAULT ALLEGATIONS IN WAPO INTERVIEW

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
kavanaugh-accuser-public-interview

The writer of a confidential letter alleging Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh assaulted her at a high school party identified herself in an interview with The Washington Post published Sunday.

Christine Blasey Ford, a professor at Palo Alto University in California, says Kavanaugh and a friend accosted her at a house party in Montgomery County, Maryland, one summer in the early 1980s.

While the friend watched, a “stumbling drunk” Kavanaugh pinned her to a bed on her back and groped her over her clothes and bathing suit, Ford told WaPo.

Ford further claimed she was able to escape when the friend in the room, Kavanaugh’s Georgetown Preparatory School classmate Mark Judge, jumped on top of them, sending all three tumbling off the bed. Ford escaped and locked herself in a bathroom for a brief period before fleeing the house, she said.

Ford’s public revelations come two days after The New Yorker reported the contents of the letter but did not name her as the accuser. Ford had previously sent the letter to Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California, the ranking Democrat on the Judiciary Committee, through her congresswoman’s office in July. (RELATED: An Unnamed #MeToo Accuser Says Brett Kavanaugh Tried To Force Himself Onto Her)

Earlier that month, Ford contacted WaPo through a tip line when she saw that Kavanaugh was on the shortlist of possible nominees to replace Justice Anthony Kennedy, according to the WaPo report. By August, Ford had decided not to go public with her allegations because of the intense public scrutiny it would invite, she said.

________

The smear campaign goes into overdrive.

• Like 2

What's Important here (IMO) 1. "More Than Thirty Years Ago" 2. "When They Were HIGH SCHOOL students." . Why do I get the feeling I've seen this movie before? I believe it was called Clarence Thomas. While we're on the subject, where was she in 2006 when he was nominated to the DC Circuit?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Valin said:

What's Important here (IMO) 1. "More Than Thirty Years Ago" 2. "When They Were HIGH SCHOOL students." . Why do I get the feeling I've seen this movie before? I believe it was called Clarence Thomas. While we're on the subject, where was she in 2006 when he was nominated to the DC Circuit?

My sister and I both remember some events from our teen years completely and totally different from each other. But I know my sister would not lie, so which is wrong? Her memory or mine? Is there any way to tell? Same incident and two totally completely different memories and there was no alcohol or other impairment involved. Compare to the incident discussed in the video that not only includes children remembering things over 30 years later AND it involves alcohol... yeah... ok... good luck with keeping that accurate. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basics/false-memories and https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/time-travelling-apollo/201607/future-thinking-and-false-memories. Consider the following: "For many years, memory research focused on the more unfortunate aspects of false memories, such as widely publicized cases of people being wrongfully convicted on the basis of testimony that, even though witnesses genuinely believed what they were saying, turned out to be false."

Sep 17, 2018
Bill Whittle's intensity blows out his mic when Scott Ott asks him about Judge Brett Kavanaugh's sexual-assault accuser, and the officials and journalists who withheld the allegation about Trump's Supreme Court nominee until the 11th hour.

Report: Kavanaugh’s mother ruled against accuser’s parents

Paul Mirengoff

September 17, 2018

It looks like Brett Kavanaugh’s mother, Judge Martha Kavanaugh, ruled against the parents of Christine Blasey Ford, the woman who accuses Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault. Court documents show the losing party in a foreclosure case Martha Kavanaugh heard to be Ralph and Paula Blasey of Potomac, Maryland. They appear to be Christine Blasey Ford’s parents.

The fact that Kavanaugh’s mother ruled against Ford’s parents doesn’t prove Ford is lying about the conduct of the son. Her allegation, coming so many years after the fact and without a description of when or where the event supposedly occurred, is probably not susceptible to being ruled out conclusively. But there now seems to be a motive, beyond partisan politics, for Ford to make up or significantly embellish her story so long after the “fact.”

In any event, the fact that Ford’s story, having been presented so late and with little detail as to time and place, is probably not susceptible to being ruled out means that, if not “ruled in” conclusively, the story should not preclude Kavanaugh’s confirmation. We have statutes of limitations for a reason.

(Snip)

Additional hearings are inevitable if Kavanaugh is to be confirmed [UPDATED]

Paul Mirengoff

September 17, 2018

(Snip)

UPDATE: A Senate source tells me:

Smart post on timing question.

For context – Gorsuch was confirmed 66 days after being announced.

Kagan was confirmed 87 days after being announced.

Sotomayor was confirmed 72 days after being announced.

If you assume we lose the Senate, the last realistic day we could spend on a nominee is probably December 23rd. After Christmas, will be too risky for Dem obstruction.

There are 99 days between now and December 23rd. I think we have a little bit of time before it’s too late to nominate another judge.

Also, if Trump nominates someone like Joan Larsen or James Ho, who was recently confirmed by this Senate, we might be able move them a bit faster. They’ve already turned in paperwork recently and gotten through committee.

6 Questions About The Sexual Assault Allegations Against Judge Brett Kavanaugh

Ben Shaprio

Sept 17 2018

Last week, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) threw a last-minute Hail Mary attempt to stop the ascension of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court: an anonymous letter accusing Kavanaugh of sexual impropriety. The accuser was anonymous; the charge was unclear. On Sunday, Judge Brett Kavanaugh’s sexual assault accuser came forward in the pages of The Washington Post. Christine Blasey Ford, a professor in California, apparently first contacted the Post in July after Kavanaugh began being discussed as a replacement for Justice Anthony Kennedy, but she didn’t talk with the paper on the record until now. “Now I feel like my civic responsibility is outweighing my anguish and terror about retaliation,” she stated.

(Snip)

On its face, the allegations aren’t non-credible. Ford has come forward, and she’s told a story with specifics. But serious questions remain. Here are six:

1. Why Didn’t Feinstein Come Forward Earlier? (Snip)

2. Why Isn’t The FBI Investigating? (Snip)

3. Why Didn’t Ford Tell Anybody About This Incident Until 2012? (Snip)

4. Why Do Her Therapist’s Notes Conflict With Her Account? (Snip)

5. She Doesn’t Remember Key Details. (Snip)

6. Why Aren’t Any Other Women Coming Forward? (Snip)

You don't have to believe that Ford is lying to believe that these allegations require more substantiation. Thirty-year-old events are difficult to reconstruct; memories change over time. Witness testimony is notoriously unreliable in many cases. And she could be telling the absolute objective truth, of course.

(Snip)

The San Francisco Chronicle Nails It

Steven Hayward

Sept. 17 2018

The San Francisco Chronicle—not exactly a bastion of conservative journalism ever since Debra Saunders left their staff—is harsh in its house editorial about Sen. Feinstein:

Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s treatment of a more than 3-decade-old sexual assault allegation against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh was unfair all around. It was unfair to Kavanaugh, unfair to his accuser and unfair to Feinstein’s colleagues — Democrats and Republicans alike — on the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Feinstein, a California Democrat, took the worst possible course by waiting until almost a week after Kavanaugh’s confirmation hearing was completed to ominously announce that she had turned over “information from an individual” about Kavanaugh to the FBI, and adding that she would be honoring the woman’s “strongly requested” confidentiality.

(Snip)

When you’ve lost the Chronicle. . .

• Like 1

Question. While it is understandable that someone would seek psychological counseling, what medical attention did she need over 30 years later? Release the records.

• Like 2

Just now, saveliberty said:

Question. While it is understandable that someone would seek psychological counseling, what medical attention did she need over 30 years later? Release the records.

That my friend is what is technically known as A Very Good Question.

It's a good thing I'm not a cynical person, otherwise I MIGHT suspect there is some politics being played here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Valin said:

If you thoght the last hearing was a dog & pony show You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet!!

It May Not Happen

Grassley: Kavanaugh accuser hasn't confirmed she'll testify at Monday hearing

Jordain Carney

09/18/18

Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) said on Tuesday that a woman accusing Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault hasn't confirmed that she will testify publicly next week.

Grassley told conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt that his staff had reached out to Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser, over the past 36 hours but was still waiting for a response.

"We have reached out to her in the last 36 hours three or four times by email and we have not heard from them, so it kind of raises the question do they want to come to the public hearing or not," Grassley said.

(Snip)

Audio: Senate Judiciary Committee Chairmn Chuck Grassley On Next Monday’s Hearing

No Transcript yet.

Mark Judge, Brett Kavanaugh’s Classmate: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Jessica McBride

Sep 18, 2018 at 5:43pm

Mark Judge, a writer who penned articles about Catholic sex abuse controversies and for conservative and other publications, including about his alcohol-fueled high school years, revealed to The Weekly Standard that he is the high school classmate of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh who is accused of being a witness to what happened between Kavanaugh and Christine Blasey Ford.

A controversial letter first alleged sexual misconduct by Kavanaugh against Ford in high school, an accusation which Kavanaugh has strenuously denied. In the interview with Weekly Standard, Judge also strongly denied the accusations. According to Weekly Standard’s John McCormack, who authored the article, Mark Judge is a writer in Washington D.C.

“It’s just absolutely nuts. I never saw Brett act that way,” Judge told the Weekly Standard of the Kavanaugh accusations. Judge essentially repeated that stance in a letter sent by his lawyer to the Senate Judiciary Committee on September 18, 2018, which you can read in full later in this article.

(Snip)

I Seem To Have Recovered A Memory

Mitch Berg

Sept. 19 2018

This is difficult for me, so please bear with me.

It was in 1988.   I was at a party at a duplex at, I think, Franklin and Pleasant in Minneapolis.

I was there with a woman, a friend of mine.  We’d been drinking.

A lot.

Suddenly, and without warning, Dianne Feinstein, Patrick Leahy, Dick Durbin, Sheldon Whitehouse, Amy Klobuchar, Al Franken, Chris Coons, Richard Blumenthal, Mazie Hirono, Cory Booker and Kamala Harris walked into the room and grabbed her butt.  Each of them, in order.

Yes, it looked strange, but it was Minneapolis in the ’80s.  Anything could happen.  Or that’s how I remember it.

My friend was really hammered, so she didn’t really react as 10 future Democrat members of the Senate Judiciary committee (and one future former member) grabbed her in an act that is considered Sexual Assault when committed by anyone but Bill Clinton.

(Snip)

Third Person that Kavanaugh Accuser Claims Was at Party Denies Incident

A third high school student Brett Kavanaugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford claimed attended a party more than 35 years ago where the future Judge Kavanaugh attacked her denied any memory of the alleged incident in a letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee, CNN reported Tuesday.

CNN obtained a letter from Patrick J. Smyth, a Georgetown Prep alum who graduated in Kavanaugh’s class, to Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-IA) and ranking Democrat Dianne Feinstein (D-CA). The letter was penned after Ford apparently identified Smyth as “PJ” – another teenager who was one of around five people at a drunken gathering in a Montgomery County, Maryland, home in or around 1982.

“I understand that I have been identified by Dr. Christine Blasey Ford as the person she remembers as ‘PJ’ who supposedly was present at the party she described in her statements to the Washington Post,” the letter, penned by Smyth’s attorney, Eric Bruce, reads. “I am issuing this statement today to make it clear to all involved that I have no knowledge of the party in question; nor do I have any knowledge of the allegations of improper conduct she has leveled against Brett Kavanaugh.”  
:snip: https://freenorthcarolina.blogspot.com/2018/09/third-person-that-kavanaugh-accuser.html

Michael AvenattiVerified account @MichaelAvenatti

I represent a woman with credible information regarding Judge Kavanaugh and Mark Judge. We will be demanding the opportunity to present testimony to the committee and will likewise be demanding that Judge and others be subpoenaed to testify. The nomination must be withdrawn.

4:33 PM - 23 Sep 2018