Just When You Think Things Can't Get Any Nuttier

Valin

www.therightreasons.net

NY Times Columnist: Trump ‘Would Certainly Like to’ Murder People Without Due Process

Paul Crookston
August 17, 2018

New York Times columnist Michelle Goldberg argued with her fellow panelists on MSNBC’s "Meet the Press Daily" Friday about whether President Donald Trump is the leader of the free world or an aspiring despot.

RealClearPolitics reporter Caitlin Huey-Burns was criticizing Trump’s communication strategy when she called him "the leader of the free world." Goldberg interjected to say that, actually, German Chancellor Angela Merkel is the leader of the free world.

"He’s not the leader of the free world, but, sorry," Goldberg said.

"By default he’s the leader of the free world," Commentary magazine editor John Podhoretz replied.

"Angela Merkel is the leader of the free world," Goldberg said, while Podhoretz laughed.

(Snip)

I'll be posting  to this thread on a regular basis, Feel Free to join in.

If people have a problem with this, I'll unpin it.

• Valin pinned this topic

Donald Trump Is a 'Russian Asset' Owned by the Mafia, Author Claims in New Book

Nina Burleigh

8/17/18

Omarosa vs. Trump may be the political pro wrestling match of the week, but a more serious confrontation could be prompted by a book that came out Tuesday, alleging that President Donald Trump may be a Russian asset compromised by billions of laundered dollars over decades of shady real estate deals. 

In House of Trump, House of Putin: The Untold Story of Donald Trump and the Russian Mafia, veteran journalist and author Craig Unger names 59 Russians as business associates of Trump (who has claimed he has none) and follows the purported financial links between them and the Trump Organization going back decades. 

The Trump White House did not immediately respond to Newsweek's requests for comment. In February 2017, Trump issued a blanket denial to questions about Russian money and his business. "I have no dealings with Russia. I have no deals that could happen in Russia, because we’ve stayed away," he said. "And I have no loans with Russia. I have no loans with Russia at

(Snip)

H/T DU...the home page for TDS

POLITICOVerified account @politico

London Mayor Sadiq Khan said Wednesday he wants to ban cars from certain areas of Parliament Square in response to a suspected terror attack on Tuesday

ig4ubupG?format=jpg&name=600x314

London mayor wants to ban cars in some areas after attack

Sadiq Khan says this would help keep people and buildings safe after car drives into cyclists and pedestrians.

11:14 AM - 15 Aug 2018

Massachusetts mayor boycotts Sam Adams after cofounder thanked Trump for tax cuts

Aris Folley

08/14/18

Joseph Curtatone, the mayor of Somerville, Mass., said Sunday that he will never drink Sam Adams beer again after the cofounder of the Boston brewery thanked President Trump for a corporate tax cut.

“I will never drink Sam Adam's beer again!” the Democrat said on Twitter.

(Snip)

Koch reportedly claimed during the dinner that the president’s tax-reform measure “was a very big deal” for his company, while noting that “85 percent of the beer made in the United States is owned by foreign companies.”

“I mean, Americans — I’m the largest American-owned brewery at 2 percent market share. We were paying 38 percent taxes … and competing against people who were paying 20. And now we have a level playing field, and we’re going to kick their ass,” Koch said at the dinner. 

“Wow. But you’ve done a great job,” Trump reportedly said. “Great job.”

Not The Onion: PETA Frees Animal Crackers From Cages

Maybe the should change their name to People for the Ethical Treatment of Animal Crackers

Ashe Schow

August 21 2018

If you enjoy eating crackers in the shape of animals but always felt the cartoon depiction of those animals behind bars as if they’re traveling in an old-time circus was just too cruel, then I have good news for you.

After pressure from the left-wing People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals* (PETA), those cartoon animals are now free to roam the plains of Africa, where they’ll probably kill each other in a hand-drawn massacre of natural selection.

(Snip)

Nabisco’s parent company, Mondelez International, gave in, and has redesigned the boxes. The new box shows a zebra, an elephant, a lion (Cecil?), a giraffe, and a gorilla (Harambe?) walking together in Africa with “The outline of acacia trees… in the distance,” according to the Associated Press.

(Snip)

• Like 1

Well We Learn Something New Everyday!

HuffPo Details 'What It's Like To Get Your Period When You're Not A Woman'

Amanda Prestigiacomo

Aug. 23 2018

This week, HuffPo guest writer Cass Bliss detailed "what it's like to get your period when you're not a woman."

Bliss, a "nonbinary trans educator," first went viral with her #BleedingWhileTrans campaign in 2017 to prove the biologically impossible claim that "men have periods, too." The activist recently created a music video (see below) discussing the struggles of having your period while not identifying as a woman in a quest for "menstrual equity" for all. For example, the colors of tampon boxes are pink and there are no discrete garbage cans in men's bathroom stalls to dispose of tampons and pads.

"I am a nonbinary trans menstruator ― someone with a uterus that bleeds monthly, but who identifies outside of the fixed categories of male and female," explains Bliss. "Because of that, I have to navigate the challenges of getting my period every month in a world that refuses to acknowledge that not everyone who gets their period is a woman, and not every woman gets their period."

Stevie Wonder: Global warming linked to Aretha Franklin's cancer death

Valerie Richardson

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Pop icon Stevie Wonder says there’s a connection between Aretha Franklin’s death from pancreatic cancer and climate change.

Mr. Wonder, appearing Friday on “CBS Good Morning,” said in an emotional interview the day after her death that he had prayed the legendary singer would beat the odds and recover, adding that he believed the incidence of disease was linked to global warming.

“I just feel that all these various diseases that we have and all these things that are happening in the world in part is because there are those who don’t believe in global warming, don’t believe that what we do affects the world, what we eat affects the world, affects us,” Mr. Wonder said.

(Snip)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

swonder-hurricanes-e1505399837994.png

Lilly Diabetes pulls sponsorship from Conor Daly because of what his FATHER said 30 years ago

Fuzzy Slippers   

Saturday, August 25, 2018 at 2:00pm

Before Conor was even born

The word and thought police have reached brand new levels of crazy. Professional race car driver Conor Daly has lost a sponsorship because his father reportedly uttered a racial slur in the 1980’s.  To put this in some perspective, Conor wasn’t born until 1991, yet he is paying for the sins of his father.

I had to double-check this report to make sure it wasn’t satire, but sure enough, Conor’s dad allegedly said the “N” word more than thirty years ago, so Lilly Diabetes has pulled its sponsorship of his son‘s No. 6 car in the NASCAR Xfinity race at Road America.

(Snip)

I have a confession to make. !n 1954(?) my father used the N word, and used it Right Out In Public. This has caused me great psychological and emotional trama to me. I can only hope and pray people will find it in their hearts for forgive me. 

SIGH I am so glad I got that off my chest.

Stormy Daniels, Feminist Hero

Jill Filipovic

Aug. 24 2018

Ms. Filipovic is the author of “The H Spot: The feminist Pursuit of Happiness.”

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I guess having sex in a movie now makes you a Feminist Hero.

Lets take a trip down to knucklehead row!

Why It Can Happen Here

* Paul Krugman

Aug. 27 2018

merlin_142754778_285d3bc0-97c2-4522-8501

Admirers of President Trump saw him speak last week at an Ohio Republican Party dinner.CreditCreditGabriella Demczuk for The New York Times

Soon after the fall of the Berlin Wall, a friend of mine — an expert on international relations — made a joke: “Now that Eastern Europe is free from the alien ideology of Communism, it can return to its true historical path — fascism.” Even at the time, his quip had a real edge.

And as of 2018 it hardly seems like a joke at all. What Freedom House calls illiberalism is on the rise across Eastern Europe. This includes Poland and Hungary, both still members of the European Union, in which democracy as we normally understand it is already dead.

(Snip)

And it could all too easily happen here. There was a time, not long ago, when people used to say that our democratic norms, our proud history of freedom, would protect us from such a slide into tyranny. In fact, some people still say that. But believing such a thing today requires willful blindness. The fact is that the Republican Party is ready, even eager, to become an American version of Law and Justice or Fidesz, exploiting its current political power to lock in permanent rule.

(Snip)

The point is that we’re suffering from the same disease — white nationalism run wild — that has already effectively killed democracy in some other Western nations. And we’re very, very close to the point of no return.

____________________________________________________________________________________

count_floyd.gif

* Certified Smart Guy

H/T Andrew Klavan No E in Klavan

Put this in the sub file They Don't Get It.

CNN CommunicationsVerified account @CNNPR

Make no mistake, Mr. President, CNN does not lie. We report the news. And we report when people in power tell lies. CNN stands by our reporting and our reporters. There may be many fools in this story but @carlbernstein is not one of them.

4:44 PM - 29 Aug 2018

Imagine what life would be like if the only “trusted” news source is the government, mandating what’s reported and controlling what appears in internet search engine results. I’ve visited places like that. They are not the United States of America.

Kyriarchy

Kyriarchy is best theorized as a complex pyramidal system of intersecting multiplicative social structures of superordination and subordination, of ruling and oppression.”

Well I for one am glad we've got That cleared up.

• 2 weeks later...

:wallbash:OH FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!! :wallbash:

Dems now want Kavanaugh investigated for alleged behavior in high school

Paul Mirengoff

September 13, 2018

It looks like I spoke too soon when I said that the Kavanaugh confirmation process never reached the nauseating lows of the Bork and Thomas hearings. The Washington Times reports that Sen. Dianne Feinstein has asked federal investigators to probe a secret complaint about Kavanaugh. The complaint, reportedly lodged by woman, pertains to an incident that supposedly occurred when Kavanaugh and the women were in high school.

(Snip)

It’s Official: The World Has Gone Mad

Steven Hayward

Sept. 19 2018

While everyone’s attention was on the Kavanaugh matter, and secondarily on the salacious details offered up by Stormy Daniels that shall not be repeated here, there was another big story reported today: Bert and Ernie are not gay! This bit of crucial news has even made USA Today, so you know it’s important!

The makers of “Sesame Street” say Bert and Ernie, the classic feuding Muppets who appeared on the popular children’s television show, are not gay.

The statement came Tuesday after former “Sesame Street” writer Mark Saltzman gave an interview to online LGBT magazine Queerty Sunday saying the characters were gay.

(Snip)

Bert-Ernie.jpeg?resize=768,537&ssl=1

(Snip)

Burt-Ernie-Reactipn.jpeg?resize=768,778&

(Snip)

• Valin unpinned this topic