Thoughts from the ammo line

Valin

thoughts-from-the-ammo-line-211.php

Scott Johnson

Mar. 16 2018

Ammo Grrrll has been triggered. She is full of seasonal thoughts about SAVING DAYLIGHT. She writes:

I hope by now you are more or less adjusted to Daylight Savings Time. I have read that it takes as long as a week for our body clocks to recover from “losing” that hour. (Try flying to Israel sometime…about the time your body knows what’s going on, it’s time to fly home.)

As you probably already know, I live in Arizona. Our State Motto is “Whatever the rest of you are doing, we don’t feel like it.” But when I lived in Minnesota, there was many the March social event at which Mr. AG and I showed up half an hour late the day Daylight Savings Time kicked in. And the reason we were only HALF an hour late was because I am routinely half an hour EARLY to everything. To Mr. AG’s dismay and occasional embarrassment. It is not unheard of for our dinner hosts still to be in the shower when we ring the bell.

(Snip)

Daylight Savings Time, in those wonderful endless summers of our childhood, extended the days, and forced our mothers to call us in many more times. Exhausted Moms would employ the nearly-serious “Middle Name Call” – Susan Marie!! — and then, eventually, resort to The Dreaded Plan D – for Daddies calling. Uh-oh. Gotta go!

As painful as it is to lose that hour, don’t worry, it will be back November 4th. According to Wikipedia, despite our best intentions, we never seem to take that luxurious extra hour of sleep. Maybe this year, we can use that extra hour to help get out the vote for the election two days later. Turn that much ballyhooed Blue Wave into a new Red Sea.

• Like 1