Larry Kudlow a GOP favorite for more tax cuts

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
larry-kudlow-a-gop-favorite-for-more-tax-cuts

Republican money men are cheering the appointment of supply-side economist and Reagan administration adviser Larry Kudlow as  President Donald Trump’s choice to replace the departing National Economic Council director Gary Cohn. The move is a welcome mood brightener after the GOP’s defeat last night in Pennsylvania’s 18th district.

Roy Bailey, national finance chairman for the pro-Trump America First Action super PAC, told FOX Business that he believes the president picked Kudlow for a reason that echoed throughout Republican circles: loyalty to the administration’s policy initiatives, something Trump supporters think Cohn may have lacked.

“Kudlow is very bright, and he will make a great debater when they are behind closed doors, but I believe once the president makes a decision, I think Kudlow will salute and be an advocate for the position and never second-guess the president,” said Bailey, who is also managing director of former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani’s business consulting firm, Giuliani Partners.  “I think the president will be greatly served with loyalty, alignment with his policies and then, of course, his capabilities,” he added.

Corry Bliss, executive director of the Congressional Leadership Fund, expressed delight with the president’s decision to move ahead with the conservative commentator. “Kudlow will do a good job, and the most important thing is the economy is doing well,” Bliss said. “Above all, we must continue to sell the Republican tax plan.”

________

The right man for the plan?