One candidate declares victory after absentee ballot count in Pennsylvania special election

WestVirginiaRebel

WestVirginiaRebel
one-candidate-declares-victory-after-absentee-ballot-count-in-pennsylvania-special-election

After an election night with no clear winner, the Democrat Conor Lamb declared victory after absentee ballots were counted, despite Republican Rick Saccone refusing to concede.

Here are the results of the absentee ballot count

The totals of the election day and absentee ballots stand at 113,813 for Conor Lamb and 113,186 votes for Rick Saccone, 49.8 percent to 49.6 percent respectively. That means the Democrat won by only a margin of 627 votes.

Provisional ballots and military or overseas ballots are yet to be counted, but many believe there are not enough to overcome the 627 gulf for Saccone.

Lamb declared victory Wednesday afternoon, saying from his social media account, “We did it. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. I’m so grateful to everyone who made this possible.”

“I’m proud of what we accomplished last night,” he added. “I’m proud to be a Western Pennsylvania Democrat. And I’m ready to get to work for the people of #PA18.”

________

If he says so...:rolleyes: