Ruth Marcus Really Is A Quite Horrible Person!!!

Valin

horrible-wapo-columnist-defends-aborting-down-emily-zanotti

Emily Zanotti

March 11, 2018

In a staggeringly horrifying column for the Washington Post, abortion advocate Ruth Marcus argues that women should have the right to abort a baby with Down Syndrome, to eliminate, through bald eugenics, "undesirable" humans from the gene pool, for their own good.

Marcus is being heralded as "brave" and "thought-provoking" for her approach, which argues that both families - and those with Down Syndrome - would be better off if the condition was simply eradicated through selective termination, because individuals with Down Syndrome are generally less intelligent, and often represent a lifelong care commitment.

There's no point in just quoting you the highlights.

(Snip)

Marcus does deserve some credit, though, for at least admitting that she's looking to streamline the human race through abortion. That's something even Planned Parenthood - founded by a prominent eugenicist that wanted to cull the herd of minorities that she felt were polluting the human race - refuses to acknowledge. It's sick and twisted, but she's honest.

The problem is, of course, that history won't judge Ruth Marcus the way Ruth Marcus judges herself.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

How To Hear Justification and Rationalization

John Schroeder

Mar 11, 2018 

Proponents of social liberalism are becoming increasingly aggressive and shrill in their arguments for their stances.  The latest entry in the public debate of that type is Ruth Marcus’ WaPo column on abortion decisions based on pre-natal Down Syndrome diagnosis.  If you are like me and 1) have known and loved people with Down Syndrome and 2) consider abortion a moral failing of the highest order, you will find the column very difficult reading.  It is sorely tempting to respond as aggressively.

Allahpundit posted a pretty aggressive response, but one with the video shown at the end that is deeply moving.  Ben Domenech went on a bit of a Twitter rant – some of which Allahpundit prints, but the most powerful tweet harkens back to the August CBS piece on Iceland

I do so want to decry and denounce the Marcus piece – in so many ways it is monstrous – not just selfish as she owns up to, but monstrous.  But this Sunday in Lent I have found my empathy and with that empathy I see the monster in myself.  I have to come to terms with that – and I pray that someone that has come to terms with their own monsterousness can get close to Ruth Marcus and love her – for it is love that she most needs.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

John you are A Much more Christlike person than I.

BTW

DU

The Real Down Syndrome ‘Problem’

George Will

March 15, 2018

European moral complacency is facilitating a genocide.

Iceland must be pleased that it is close to success in its program of genocide, but before congratulating that nation on its final solution to the Down syndrome problem, perhaps it might answer a question: What is this problem? To help understand why some people might ask this question, today’s column is being distributed together with two photographs. One is of Agusta, age eight, a citizen of Iceland. The other is of Lucas, age one, an American citizen in Dalton, Ga., who recently was selected to be 2018 Spokesbaby for the Gerber baby-food company. They are two examples of the problem.

Now, before Iceland becomes snippy about the description of what it is doing, let us all try to think calmly about genocide, without getting judgmental about it. It is simply the deliberate, systematic attempt to erase a category of people. So, what one thinks about a genocide depends on what one thinks about the category involved. In Iceland’s case, the category is people with Down syndrome.

This is a congenital condition resulting from a chromosomal defect. It involves varying degrees of mental retardation (although probably not larger variances than exist between the mental capabilities of many people who are chromosomally normal — say, Isaac Newton and some people you know). It also involves some physical abnormalities (including low muscle tone, small stature, flatness of the back of the head, an upward slant to the eyes) and some increased health risks (of heart defects, childhood leukemia and Alzheimer’s disease). Average life expectancy is now around 60 years, up from around 25 years four decades ago, when many Down syndrome people were institutionalized or otherwise isolated, denied education and other stimulation, and generally not treated as people.

(Snip)