California faces a new immigration crisis: Giant rodents

Draggingtree

California faces a new immigration crisis: Giant rodents

Posted by Leslie Eastman    February 12, 2018 at 11:00am

Louisiana’s red-state approach could provide a valuable lesson in handing this invasive species.

California is facing a new immigration crisis, this time in the form of large, swamp-dwelling rodents called nutria. Golden State officials are actually asking for help to deal with this unwanted population.

Wildlife officials are asking California residents to report any sightings of nutria — an invasive rodent that eats so much aquatic vegetation that it threatens wetlands and marshes.

(more…) https://legalinsurrection.com/2018/02/california-faces-a-new-immigration-crisis-giant-rodents/#more-241837

chefphilippe_hdr_nutria.png 

Chef Philippe on Marketing Nutria

The following is an excerpt from the upcoming book by Philippe Parola:

While still in Jackson, Louisiana, I teamed up with the Louisiana Department of Wildlife & Fisheries and launched the challenging campaign to market nutria. Because nutria was eroding the coastline by eating vegetation in the marsh, LDWF approached me to assist with menu and marketing solutions. The bottom line: nutria eradication was needed before severe damage was done.

During the campaign, my friends and great Chefs Daniel Bonnot, Suzanne Spicer and John Besh helped convince a majority of consumers that nutria meat is very high in protein, low in fat and actually healthy to eat. Over the years I have proven that my instinct to create a market for exotic cuisine can be successful, and these chefs appreciated and believed that a difference could be made when we all work together at promoting my trusted idea.  :snip: 

About the Louisiana Nutria:

Nutria are large semi-aquatic rodents that were brought to Louisiana from South America in the 1930's for the fur farming industry. They now occupy and have caused extensive damage to the Louisiana coastal wetlands.

More Information:

Download Nutria Recipes!

Visit the Official Louisiana Nutria Website

View the Louisiana Nutria Brochure

:snip:  http://www.chefphilippe.com/chefphilippe_hdr_nutria.png