The Coffee Shop

Valin

6 hours ago, Valin said:

The Self Refuting Thesis

Heard in passing; this morning in an interview on NPR, Democrat congresswoman Debbie Dingell says Democrats can “eat and chew gum at the same time”.

I’m gonna let that sit there for a second.

:lmfao:

So apparently Sir David Attenborough is going to speak “for the people” at an upcoming UN Climate Summit. And just how did he come to speak on behalf of “the people”? Did he win some kind of popular election? A bit odd isn’t it that a supposed representative of “the people” would be someone referred to by a title of nobility. Who says noblesse oblige is dead?

H/T Power Line

• Like 1

On 11/21/2018 at 3:26 PM, Valin said:

So apparently Sir David Attenborough is going to speak “for the people” at an upcoming UN Climate Summit. And just how did he come to speak on behalf of “the people”? Did he win some kind of popular election? A bit odd isn’t it that a supposed representative of “the people” would be someone referred to by a title of nobility. Who says noblesse oblige is dead?

H/T Power Line

But I'm one of "the people" and I doubt he is going to be speaking for me.  :huh:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

10 hours ago, WestVirginiaRebel said:

H/T Powerline

Mediaite Comments

Guyzer • 18 hours ago

“Areva, I hate to break it to you, but you should’ve been better prepped. I’m black.”

Oops.

Areva Martin is your typical racist democrat

Joe Guyzer • 17 hours ago

Wrong. You're jumping to conclusions, and perhaps the racist here is YOU. At worst, it was an innocent faux pas on her part. The transcribed dialogue is unclear whether she was referring to Webb directly as "you" or was speaking in the generic sense, i.e. as "one," e.g. “That’s a whole ‘nother long conversation about white privilege, the things that one has the privilege of doing, that people of color don’t have the privilege of.” Then Webb used trickery and verbal sleight of hand with his comment "How do I have the privilege of white privilege?" that tacitly referenced himself as white. His race-baiting worked, and now the base is feeding on it as Breitbart has picked up this non-story.

Pardes Seleh thinks she has a bit of a scoop here, but she's hoisted with her own petard and fallen flat on her face.