Democratic Women Senators Call on Franken to Resign After Seventh Accuser Comes Forward

Geee

democratic-women-senators-call-franken-resign-seventh-accuser-forward

Several female Democratic senators, within a span of minutes, all called on their Democratic colleague Al Franken (Minn.) to resign following a seventh accusation that he made improper sexual advances towards women.
Politico reported Wednesday that a former Democratic congressional aide claimed she was forcibly kissed by Franken while he was still a radio host. Later that morning, Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D., N.Y.) was the first to call for the Minnesota senator's resignation in a Facebook post.
"While Senator Franken is entitled to have the Ethics Committee conclude its review, I believe it would be better for our country if he sent a clear message that any kind of mistreatment of women in our society isn’t acceptable by stepping aside to let someone else serve," she argued.:snip:

The expendable Mr. Franken

Scott Johnson

Dec. 6 2017

Democratic support for the tenure of Minnesota Senator Al Franken in office died on the vine today. First Senator Kirsten Gillebrand stepped forward to call for Franken’s resignation. Her call was followed by other Democratic women senators with the exception of his colleague Amy Klobuchar, whose help was unnecessary to the task at hand. However, she had been among the first Senators to call for Franken’s case to be remitted to the Senate Ethics Committee. It wouldn’t be Minnesota nice for her to pile on now. Some two dozen Democratic Senators have called for Franken’s resignation. Franken’s response is to be announced tomorrow.

The dam broke this morning with Heather Caygle’s Politico report of the latest accusation against Franken, this one courtesy of a former congressional aide who had the misfortune of crossing paths with him in 2006. When Franken sought to perfect his involuntary French kiss technique, she ducked. She quoted Franken telling her: “It’s my right as an entertainer.”

Politico has protected the identity of the accuser. I wonder if they found the quote self-authenticating. Who could make that up? On the other hand, for Franken that is an uncharacteristically funny comment.

(Snip)

UPDATE: Yet another victim of Franken has stepped forward, this one speaking at the Atlantic under her own name — Tina Dupuy: “I believe Franken’s accusers because he groped me, too.”

6 hours ago, nickydog said:

@Valin, what is the Red Star Tribune saying?

Cliffnotes version I paraphase....

"So long, it's been good to know ya
So long, it's been good to know ya
What a long time since You've been home
And you've gotta be driftin' along"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valin said:

Cliffnotes version I paraphase....

"So long, it's been good to know ya