It’s Different When It’s Our Guy

Valin

its-different-when-its-our-guy-n2411438

Derek Hunter

Nov 19, 2017

(Snip)

This phenomenon was a small part of politics in the Clinton years. Now it has fully taken over both parties.

If you’re in someone’s “tribe,” they can do no wrong. Bill Clinton was infallible to Democrats. No matter the allegation, he was the victim. Even when proven to be a liar, his “transgressions” were excused.

We’re now living in a time where everyone is Bill Clinton.

I don’t know if Roy Moore or Al Franken are creepy perverts, but I believe them to be. I don’t care which party they belong to, I don’t think either belong in the Senate. But one is and the other soon may be.

No serious argument can be made to justify their service in government beyond, “They’re our guy!” You can like them all you want. They can be your team. But somewhere deep inside you know if the uniforms were reversed you’d be saying the exact opposite thing.

(Snip)

Expose them all, no matter which team they play for. As I’ve gotten older I’ve realized a person is not a good person just because they wear the same uniform I do. We need to make sure our elected representatives realize that too. Not everyone can be Chris Chelios.

____________________________________________________________________________________

:thumbup:

Tim Scott: It would be in the best interests of the country if Roy Moore found 'something else to do'

Naomi Lim

Nov 19, 2017

Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C., said Sunday it would be in the country's best interest if Roy Moore found "something else to do" rather than run as the GOP candidate for Alabama's open Senate seat.

"What I've said in the past, I want to be very clear, the allegations are stronger than the denial and Roy Moore should find something else to do, which was my way of suggesting that he should not be in the race," Scott told "Fox News Sunday."

"There’s a strong possibility with a new candidate, a new Republican candidate, a proven conservative, that we can win that race in Alabama."

(Snip)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________